UALR Senior Design Project

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by adjones3, Nov 25, 2006.

1. adjones3

adjones3 New Member

Hi All,

I am a student of mechanical engineering technology and have been assigned to a team to develop and build a pedal-driven hydrofoil craft. We are in the early stages of concept design and one of our tasks is to gather some information on the types of features and design considerations that would be important to potential users. I thought that this forum would be an ideal place to turn to, so if you wouldn't mind to respond either to the attached survey questions or just with your thoughts on the matter I would certainly appreciate it. Responses to the survey may be emailed directly to adjones3@gmail.com

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

I just remember I saw one many ears ago made by students from Chalmers in Gutenburg. The main problem was vertical stability, or longitudinal stability. They used a very smal "ski" to adjust the angle of the forward foil.
    I think the most important feature is that an avarage rider should be able to get up an fly after they stop for a break :)

3. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

If you send me an email via the small craft technical panel at SNAME, www.sname.org, I will send you a paper on the subject. Also, go to the HISWA site, and check out an issue of Scientific American in about 1986 or so, which had a pedal powered hydrofoil on the cover. Finally, there is a human powered vehicle society, though I am no longer a member.