web site with marine files

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Golden Dreams, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Golden Dreams

Golden Dreams New Member

I am a Spanish boater and I live in barcelona (Spain), congratulations for the forum!

I hope this is the right place to put this, sorry in advanced I would like to share this link with you, PDF MARINE LIBRARY is a data base about marine files created by Spanish navigators. All website content works as a free reference desk and its main objective is education, diffusion of information and vocational training on yachting. The files are in English and Spanish

www.pdfmarinelibrary.com

Here you can find owner boat manuals, user's manuals of marine items, boat testing, discontinued boats catalogue, data sheets, marine DIY, and much more.

Have a good day and regards from Barcelona

1 person likes this.
  2. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Looks impressive and a gold mine of information - pity most of it is in Spanish only, but this is only nitpicking. I believe it will be useful to many that can speak some Spanish.
    Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

3. timothy22

timothy22 Junior Member

Great resource-d/l a few already. Andy Cunningham's review of twin keel design progress was most welcome.

4. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Thanks for the site Golden Dreams.
    I also wish there were an English version. My google toolbar doesn't translate this site.
    It is interesting despite my language limitation.

5. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

...click onto the right hand top flag....english....voila.

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Your browser should be able to translate the site. It is not perfect, but somewhat useable.

7. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Thanks Landlubber. I did not see that!

I tried the google translate from the toolbar yesterday which always works for me but it did not translate it for me (the information was still all in Spanish even though the toolbar indicated it had been translated from Spanish to English.)

8. Ike

Ike Senior Member

9. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

10. Northman

Northman Junior Member

I can't believe nobody responded!??!!

I finally managed to send some files to "Golden Dreams" new site. Great idea with lots of potential. I couldn't believe when I was told that I was the first non-Spanish speaking person who contributed.
    Guys - you must sit on tons of valuable information! It's places like Ikes and "Golden Dreams" that help us make it through the dark and cold seasons (and escape the occasional nagging from your beloved one).
    Please share!
    Cheers
    Walter

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.