adams 11.9m

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by kettay, Dec 7, 2006.

1. kettay

kettay Junior Member

hi, i am trying to find the design specs and general information on an adams 11.9m racing sloop, and adams yacht design in general. can anyone direct me to the right place? thanks

2. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Kettay if you look up Adams yacht design you will find numerus links, also Graham Radford yacht design, as he most likely worked on that boat.
    Some specs It came in fin keel or centre’b
    Loa 11.89 m
    Lwl 11.15 m
    Beam 2.92 m
    Draft 2.06 m
    Disp 4636 kg
    Main Sail 39.95 m
    No 1 gen 43.85
    No 2 gen 32.89
    No 3 gen 21.92

3. kettay

kettay Junior Member

thanks for that. i think the adams yacht design website has been discontinued? my browser doesnt seem to pull up anything. do you know anything about this boats characteristics/cruising and racing? thank you

4. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Sorry I haven’t sailed on a 11.9 only 10s and a 44. I remembered years ago, I did have a conversation with Joe Adams about this boat so I had a look thru my archives (rubbish heap) and I did find some study plans for it, deck layout, accommodation plan and sail plans if you’re interested (they are old). I would still contact Graham Radford

5. kettay

kettay Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.