disabled talk??

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by yachtyakka, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

======================
    This is absolutely false! Made up out of thin air-and with no facts whatsoever.
    I explained in the other thread that engineering for a boat like the Trapwing for production would be done by one of the best Naval Architects and Marine engineers in the country with the help and advice of disabled sailors. I further explained that there are no plans to produce this boat. It was presented on this DESIGN forum as a POSSIBLE SOLUTION to a high performance boat for able bodied and disabled sailors. I ASKED FOR EVERYONES COMMENTS! But I did not expect this level of purposeful deceit and personal attack. This is a deliberate attempt to MISREPRESENT the concept to try to stifle any discussion of it.
    In the other thread I answered every question put to me about the boat in detail and at length. I talked about NUMEROUS design features that present a higher level of backup than is possible with just a keelboat. There are numerous safety features and design possibilities offered within the framework of the Trapwing concept-from moderate performance to high performance.
    It is a CONCEPTthat is worth serious, intelligent discussion.

=====================
    This concept is still in the design development stages and I believe that the ROUGH sketches I've shown here are useful to give some idea of what was being talked about. They are simply conceptual ideas and there are dozens of them that I use to help me think out problems.

2. bistros

bistros Previous Member

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

If I posted something that rough in front of this audience, I'd expect to be on the receiving end of overripe produce well past it's best-before date.

You asked for opinions and feedback. You got one. Based clearly on your posted, re-posted, frequently changing and oft-repeated descriptions of your "Trapwing" concept.

If you don't want feedback and opinions, either don't post your material, or specify up front that you are only looking for people to agree with your ideas. This is a public design forum, not a private chat room for people to cheer your material whenever posted.

The quality of response is directly proportional to the quality of material presented in both form and refinement. Designers, engineers, architects and interested parties discuss designs. Designs are presented in the form of drawings, CAD files, plans and prototypes. By refinement I am referring to the quality, originality and amount of thought involved, the depth of critical review and how close the design reflects the original design brief.

If you want to be taken seriously, don't post "artwork" that is best described as highway restroom toilet stall **** quality. If you can't manage to use a CAD or drawing program, get a ruler, some graph paper and a pencil.

And learn how to manage your rage and temper.

Just to make you feel better, here's the response you obviously want:

Yay! It's brilliant. I can see your intent clearly. It's revolutionary. Why hasn't anyone thought of this sooner? I've done some structural analysis and it is overstrength, underweight, and exactly right for the job. I'm sending you at no charge my CAD files, analysis and calculations for review.

There. Happy?

Cheers,

--
    Bill

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Trapwing

You again prove that you are unable to discuss the technical aspects of this concept-yet you are more than willing to make uninformed and incorrect statements. Funny in a pathetic sort of way.

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

1 person likes this.
  5. mark775

mark775 Guest

Seemingly very bright and otherwise helpful individuals hanging on to Doug like remoras - I have yet to figure what you gain from being pricks. oh, also..."Methinks" goes to the end of a thought for best effect and the quoted meant "proclaim" by "protest" in the original of your shredding. I believe that it was Yachtyakka that asked for something - Doug Lord was just trying to help.
    Doug, the renderings are still not good enuf. Would you have a problem with making them lifelike for us?

6. yachtyakka

yachtyakka Junior Member

7. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

You do realize those renderings have nothing to do with The Lord's "designs"?

8. mark775

mark775 Guest

"Those posts are one year old. Your point is?" - Thanks for the neg. rep, Paul B., Sign it next time, wud ya?

9. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

What are you on about? I have never given anyone either negative or positive feedback. It seems silly to me.

I don't even know what you think I would be giving you negative feedback for? Can you enlighten me?

10. mark775

mark775 Guest

I don't know...the same reason you would torment the man trying to help?

11. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

Well you'll have to keep looking for the person who offended you. Strange, you don't know why you would accuse me, yet you do. That sounds a bit off.

Rest assured, if I want to say something to you or about you (or anyone) I'll do it openly in the forums. I could give a tinker's damn about the childish point system.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.