High solar reflectance 2 part polyuretane paint colors

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Doug Lord, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

High solar reflectance 2 part polyurethane paint colors

There are some new type of high solar reflectance paints that allow colors like red to be used w/o the high temperature rise associated with "normal" red color on a surface in the Florida sun. Most of what I've found are for industrial low gloss applications. Anybody know of any high reflectance, high gloss polyuretanes in red? Need to keep surface temperatures below 120 degrees. Would metal flake added to paint aid in lowering the surface temperature. This is important because the surface to be painted is carbon fiber over EPS foam. Thanks......

PS- turns out I may have posted this in the wrong forum, but I'm not convinced of that so I'll post in the materials section as well...