Ford FSD 425

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by fcfc, Apr 28, 2005.

1. fcfc

fcfc Senior Member

This engine seems to be used by a bunch of marinizing companies (at least mermaid, boni motori, raymarine, fornaut, lancing etc ...)

I would like to know what brand and kind of injection pump is used on that engine.

Also what are the differences (in the injection system) with the Ford ZSD 424 ?
    I think the ZSD 424 is a newer version with alloy head and 4 valves cylinder and direct injection, but I do not know much more.
    Also the ZSD 424 is always turbocharged, even the 75 hp from what I understand.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for replying.

2. fcfc

fcfc Senior Member

Noboby ?

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

evidently not

perhaps there's a shop manual for the stock engine somewhere? otherwise you'd probably have to wipe the grease off an actual pump and find the maker's plate.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.