Diesel/Hydrogen Hybrid Trawler

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Towboat Ed, Apr 21, 2009.

1. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

the guys with their 5hp engine - I would be more impressed if the cable went from the generator to the transformer. It is still plugged to the wall though by all accounts it should not need to be (if it was true)

I have an audi with 200hp engine. One day I was driving and I used less than 200 hp. I was pretty amazed that the car also used less fuel when I only used 50hp. See where I am getting at.
    The 5hp engine is useless measure unless it is actually doing the work and why not do that by powering the fuel unit itself? If they could do that - it would be right there breaking news everywhere. That would be huge revolution both in the practical world and the world of physics. but damn - they still have the cables coming from the wall to the transformer.

And this was April 2003 - I guess 6 years hasn't been enough to finesse the problem of unplugging the transformer from the wall and plugging it to the generator.
    Or maybe the guys just got bored with revolutionizing the world as we know it - they got something better to do.

2. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

I guess the questions could be answerd if one of the guys who claim to know, would tell us how much current, AC or DC would be needed to yeild a quantity of H Gas that would provide 30% of the needs of a 5 Hp B&S.

If a 5 Hp B&S can run an alternator at 2500 Rpm, (That will keep ahead of an Auto equipped with A/C and EFI) , would it have enough to keep a Battery charged that is providing the Current to make H Gas?

3. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

Reading APEX 's statements that are much representative of a certain form of tolerance and opening, it can be understood...

But this is not important
    As always since the earliest times

Enraged dogs bark and spit, and the caravan pass

So now, those who beleive H² production with cop>1 is impossible should understand that even United Nations secretary doesn't share their opinion.
    God himself was certainly too busy to do a declaration about it ;-))
    If you are not blind you will see hundred of searchers and state involved in H² production from water with official certified results by layers.
    What else needed to accept the idea of H² energy from water ?

4. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I am all for French Engineering,
    The Charles de Gaulle comes to mind...Great ship, it is up to like 20knots now. I love french pastries...
    The UN in its totality is a bunch of crooked politicians that are just there for the free lunch, dinner, trips and BS.

How come the french navy doesn't use weird science in its ships.

Oh about 5hp turning alternator to produce hydrogen for electrolysis. This should be fairly easy to do numbers.

A 5 hp gas motor can be hookup to like a 10 amp alternator
    The 10 amp alternator will produce what, a 10 gallons of unpressurized hydrogen in an hour. If you feed that back to 5hp gas engine, since hydrogen burns cooler than gas, and is less dense, you will burn it 2 minutes.

If your theory is that adding hydrogen gas to gasoline engine will make it more efficient. Actually it will disrupt it.

Simply the gas engine requires a percentage of air to gasoline fuel, by adding hydrogen then engine would be running too rich. If you lower gasoline to compensate the engine will still only make 5hp or less since hydrogen has less potential heat energy within than gasoline.

Sorry, those pesky laws of physics, thermodynamics and chemistry again.
    Go back to school....

5. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

Stop with school, i'm graduate in maths and physics, 5 years in university, my head remains full of formulas that refuse to go out to let more space for music, art and poetry. I won't go back to school unless ...i teach.

About French army all is not like the Charles de Gaulle ...Hopefully ;) and some gadgets friends have used look more than average . It is the same for your army, with wave and sound projection by example, on human or clouds
    But this is another story

Lets take the following hypothesis that seems to agitate many minds : Sur unitary H² is impossible

- cop will always be under 1, Meyer, GIFNET... lied
    - all proof of fuel saving are corrupted
    - All sate researches are just money washing for corrupted politicians

In this case :

Who gets the benefit of this enormous H² swindle ?
    How did this happened ?
    do you have any clue ?

6. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

How did Al Gore go from a Popper to 100million dollars selling a theory that is unproven at best? Many have different agendas. It use to be that you could trust scientist and doctors to be honest. Today they all want money and will push the truth to sell their ideas and keep someone paying for their research. Many times they believe it, many times they do it for the money or to be published. Truth and honesty in research is a rare thing these days. If you understand research, there is a right way to do it and many wrong ways but like statistic and beauty it is in the eye of who does the test.

But if you are scientist then you know that you have to be able repeat and prove it without a benefit of the doubt. Just because someone says so is not proof.

The internet is not proof. A Nasa research project is not proof. Now if NASA does research properly and publishes its result so others can replicate then that is another story.

Take example of Cold Fusion research, several have said they have done it. But none of been able to publish how and have someone replicate it.

Area 51 is full of singularity powered UFOs and in the Bermuda triangle is an underwater submarine base. I saw then in .... Here it is on internet, it must be true.

Oh, I have 100ft fishing boat powered by a 25hp diesel that uses hydrogen to give it 99% efficiency and we inject water into exhaust and use steam produced to generate electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen then we inject this into air intake. The engine runs at 30 to 1 compression and we use propane to lower temperature .... It must be true, it is on the internet...

See my point - don't believe everything you read. Believe less than half at best.

7. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

100% ok on this
    GW of Al Gore and M. Taetcher(the first inventor) is a good example of a possible large scale swindle.

Now, if among these 99 bandits there is 1 smart guy, we will have to be correct and have respect to the 100 as we do not know who is the good one.

And above all... you behave like the bandits... when you just say ...Pffff nonsense... without looking any deeper.
    Do not forget the state of mind that were in the relative of Marie Curie, or Tesla when (s)he start to say (s)he discovered this or that.

Times are perfect for new kind of fraud with the help of internet.
    Misrepresentation is often more fraudulent than innocent or negligent but even if it is difficult we need to remain open else we will miss our future
    GIFNET is in France and i will investigate this as my boat project is more than serious and i will incorporate true good solutions only
    I test all i need to put in and only trust my 2 eyes ...and my heart for the final decision
    About Butane injection this is my own test and certify it is a good solution for a diesel
    If H² is the same i will know it soon.
    Cheers !

8. apex1

apex1 Guest

Agree, thats much. Too much in this special case..................No.

If that was a ordinary guy, willing to contribute and to learn, yes ok that was strong, but Kistinie is a proven dreamer and does absolutely not accept the real worlds rules and issues. Neither the basic principles of nature.
    He was never at sea, has never seen a seagoing ship, nor has he any idea what he is asking the forum.
    But he has nice ideas (unmature though) to spread around when professional advice was the question!

Regards
    Richard

9. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

Special case ?

שָׁלוֹם

10. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

http://pesn.com/2007/09/29/9500450_BobBoyce_Electrolizer_Plans/d9.pdf

As the subject got trolled i post again this very rich and quality link
    You will get here most of what you wanted to know about hydrogen conversion.

Reading it i have not found any incoherences and this design is used for truck products.
    This does not mean all is right, but all is free from patent, so as my grand mother said
    Do not look at the teeth of a given horse

The next step would be to have the testimony on a user of this electroliser that could be verified.

11. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

I believe the quote should be: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth". :D

12. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

Oups !
    She never spoke well english ;-)
    Thanks cousin !

13. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

"I am all for French Engineering,
    The Charles de Gaulle comes to mind...Great ship, it is up to like 20knots now."

Did they find the propeller that fell off, or has enough time gone by they had someone make them a new one?

Another 15K and they might be able to fly a British Harrier off it.

FF

14. kistinie

kistinie Hybrid corsair

:D i guess they ordered a new one with my taxes :rolleyes:

I have to do everything, the pro
    And against ....
    http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/september2006.html

in fact it is a real mess, everyone says the other is a liar...
    Mythbuster test are not more serious
    And french university of zetetique i proposed to test over unity products, more generally energy devices claiming O.U didn't answer yet
    Energy is a very hot subject !

So the only certain thing is that hydrogen is fine as a second fuel in an ICE
    The only problem is that to be very effective it seems you need close to 10 to 20%...

http://www.althytude.info/English/althytude_e.htm

This is a french test in public bus running on dual fuel with good results
    The main technical advantage is that speed of combustion is increased as well as going to real full combustion. Efficiency gain on LPG is...5% (i guess it is much more for diesel), so difficult to detect and of course a part of this gain is absorbed by the alternator.
    This is a photograph of the two combustions
    http://www.althytude.info/gnv_h2_tec.htm

A French forum that tested several electrolyser alternator driven seriously for a year, did not Get any Mpg decrease going up to 30 amp on 6 cells (so 75% efficiency electrolyse)
    http://www.econologie.com/forums/electrolyse-amelioree-vt1228-2410.html
    Certainly the under 1% they produced was not enough to get clear changes.
    This could be explained also by the fact that timing will very probably need to be changed for less to be right. Most french cars are diesel and changing mechanical timing cartography on a diesel is far from a piece of cake.
    But on a petrol engine with a basic PIC lighting and a dymo software like powerdyn (http://www.powerdyn.fr/) a friend did, this could be done by any good engine builder.

The last point is that diesel particle are lowered when H² is added.
    This above the ecological aspect would help to regain reliability for the new diesel, full of captors that get dirty and fail when the diesel is not loaded correctly. And diesel are often not loaded correctly because high price of fuel tend to make full throttle use very rare, CPP absent and users not skilled..and this could be measured...but as far as I'm concerned, the diesel i run are full mechanical injection and strange gaze i breath is mainly methane from caws around, i do not spend that much time inspiring the air full of s...t of L.A or Paris, so as the principle of HHO collected mainly opposition and hate, rather than curiosity and technical study, that will be enough for me about this ;-), at least publicly here.

Cheers !

15. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Producing your own hydrogen in any quantity without a fuel cell by only electrolysis is a waste of energy.
    The handling and fueling of hydrogen is dangerous, as it is very explosive.
    The adding of trace amounts of hydrogen to a ICE is of dubious advantage.
    Anyone who thinks this will solve the worlds fuel problems is dreaming....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.