Nanni Diesel turbo N4.100

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by waikikin, Feb 12, 2016.

1. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Hi,

Just wondering as have just been quoted $4900 for supply of part only a replacement turbocharger for a 4 cylinder Nanni N4.100(kubota based apparently), a quick google found kubota turbos for $300-700.
    Looks like a rort, is there a clear path to substitute the part? Its marked IHI
    Still running ok but has cracks to intake.

Jeff

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Are the cheaper ones water cooled jeff. You may be looking at industrial engine turbos. Where are the cracks... in the alloy housing or the rotor.

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

You should still be able to find the right turbo aftermarket okay. Genuine parts can be rediculous prices. Ford xr6 turbo is $17000.from ford and $2600 from garret.

4. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Check with a turbo workshop, reconditioned units are a fraction of the cost, and they would certainly give a reasonable offer for an overhaul of your old one.

5. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Cracks are to the alloy inlet housing, still running ok, but the wastegate reported as stuck open as well- not that I know this stuff.
    There's just oil coming to the part.
    I have the part on my desk there is probably water going to the exhaust manifold, a workmate pulled the turbo unit, I'll have a deeper look tomorrow.
    A reco to the unit may well be the go, the turbo unit may well be a generic item with the "nanni" difference just the interface to exhaust manifold.

Thanks for the replies.
    Jeff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.