DIY Haul out options on SE US coast?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Charlyipad, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Charlyipad

Charlyipad Senior Member

23-1/2' beam catamaran. In and out bottom job. Any recommendations appreciated.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The Southeast US coast is a pretty big area, can you pin it down a little? A bunch of 2" conduit and some rednecks in their big block Chevy 4x4?

3. Charly

Charly Senior Member

LOL. The pickup truck plan will probably be the end solution. I am still looking though, for a good, accessable, level, hardspot. So I thought maybe I should cast about for alternate options, just in case.

There are plenty of good beaches, and we have about an 8ft tide. (Georgia coast) another downside is the time frame and the wetness for a good bottom paint job, so I prefer to get her high and dry. In the night I twist my brain up with ideas of inflatable chock/blocks and other contraptions. But in the morning my other brain takes over and says: Just haul the damn thing and get it over with!

A trip to Thunderbolt marina would probably nick me for 7 or 8 hundred bucks before all is said and done. So, nix that. I just wonder what else is out there.

4. paxfish

paxfish Junior Member

I've noodled that through as well for my 20 foot beam.

I'll likely have it hauled.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.