Cruising Catamaran

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MikeC, Oct 23, 2009.

1. MikeC

MikeC New Member

I am working on a design for a power catamaran that is intended for use mostly in shallow protected coastal waters with an occasional fair weather trip to the Keys or Bahamas.

It is LWL 30', Beam 11'-10", draft 1'-5" (full load) twin long shaft, 115hp 4 cycle outboards. Take a look at attached photo of scale model.

I am striving for max fuel efficiency at cruise around 16 knots. The current plan is for sawn frames at 32" o/c, 2x6 keelson, 2x4 bottom ribs and 2x3 side ribs with two layers of 1/4" ply, epoxied together with fiberglass exterior.

Can anyone out there help me or direct me to information to be sure this is adequate? I have tried Gerr, but results seem ridiculous, but I may be applying formulae incorrectly. Also not too sure about roll stability, and pitch causing prop cavitation in weather.

2. MikeC

MikeC New Member

Photo didn't attach. I think operator malfunction occurred.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.