Designing a wavepiercing motorcruiser... please help!

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by mattosmond, Nov 27, 2006.

1. mattosmond

mattosmond Junior Member

I am a 4th year Transportation Design student at Northumbria University in Newcastle Upon Tyne. For my final project I am wanting to design a 50ft motor cruiser for the marine leisure market. But the twist is I want to use a wave piercing hull instead of the classic v-hull… This design should mean that the vessel is more seaworthy and able to make rough seas more comfortable for the users. This will add a new type of craft to the lower end of the super yacht market. Please could you answer some questions of mine to help me summarise what people (boaters) expect to be incorporated into a design like this! I am mainly focusing on the exterior and deck layout!

Q1: How many occupants should be accommodated for?

Q2: What luxuries should the craft be equipped with? (Jacuzzi, freezer, multimedia centre, broadband, etc)

Q3: how fast should it go?

Q4: Where should the seating and sunbathing decks be situated?

Q5: How much should a craft like this cost (in GB pounds)?

Q6: Do you think having this style of hull would interest consumers?

Q7: If you were in the position to buy one of these vessels would you be interested in this concept?

Q8: What drawbacks do you think I might face when designing this boat?

Thank you for taking the time to fill in this questionnaire, I will keep you posted on my progress…

2. Verytricky

Verytricky Large Member

Now which one of the many threads you have opened to you want us to respond to?

This one? Or the other? or do you want us to respond in both?

3. mattosmond

mattosmond Junior Member

just one or the other please... many thanks
    matt

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.