C A Marchaj, Seaworthines The Forgotten Factor

Discussion in 'Stability' started by ABoatGuy, Oct 31, 2009.

1. ABoatGuy

ABoatGuy Member

Does anyone know if the second edition of Seaworthiness is a reprint or is there added or edited text.

1st Edition on Amazon is $27, 2nd is $110.

Thanks,

Phil

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Has anyone ever made it through the first edition?

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

1st -86
    2nd (reprint) -87
    Revised -96 (=some chances/added)

4. Tcubed

Tcubed Boat Designer

I have that book and it is one of my most important reference books.
    I have read it cover to cover twice, and in bits and pieces many many times, and still pick it up every so often. (amongst some of my other favorites)

I am away right now, back on tuesday (ish) and can check which edition it is, altough i'm pretty sure it is the newer one, but i did not think there was a great deal of difference.

I know that the various editions of "the aero/hydrodynamics of sailing" have only small differences.

Anyways if you wait a few days and remind me i'll check and can even scan you a relevant couple of pages. I don't think good old Marchaj will mind if you do end up buying a book , even if it is used.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.