Wooden Boat Designs at the 4th Annual Bayou Teche Wooden Boat Show

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SailorDon, Apr 23, 2013.

1. SailorDon

SailorDon Senior Member

There was a wide range of wooden boat designs on display on land and in the water at this year's Bayou Teche Wooden Boat Show.
    Here is a video slide show I made of the event and some of the boats on display.

One of the participants took this video of me rowing my Mandarin 17, designed by Selway-Fisher, built by PicniKYacht.

2. Dirteater

Dirteater Senior Member

Thanks SailorDon!

very cool,
    I just love wooden boat shows.
    unfortunately there's none around me,
    so I only get to see them courtesy of the web.

looking good!
    DE

3. SailorDon

SailorDon Senior Member

One nice feature of the Bayou Teche Wooden Boat Show was the "go" and "show" aspect of the event. You could stay on land and "show" and/or you could launch and "go" cruise up and down the bayou.

It might not be nautically proper, but I like the looks of a flag on my version of a Thames rowing skiff, the Mandarin 17. I experimented with a flag arrangement this afternoon.

I was too late for this year's boat show. Maybe next year. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.