How can I get a copy of construction plans and stability booklet of any bulk carrier

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by larxiz, Oct 3, 2015.

1. larxiz

larxiz New Member

I am a mechanical engineering student and I'm currently doing my Bachelor's thesis about bulk carriers. The aim of this project is to create a virtual model of an existing bulk carrier which will be used to create a stability manual of the vessel.

While I was researching on the internet I couldn't manage to find construction plans and stability booklet of an existing bulk carrier in order to have material to work with. I contacted various bulk carrier companies but owners are reluctant to divulge the data not even for educational purposes.

Anyone knows how I can manage to find any copy of construction plans and stability booklet of any bulk carrier for educational purposes?

Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.