Does Maxsurf Academic Include Prefit?

Discussion in 'Software' started by GavinM, Sep 30, 2011.

1. GavinM

GavinM Junior Member

Hi everyone,

New here and looking for some help with a problem.

I have been playing around with Maxsurf Academic for the past few days and not been making much progress (I even read the manual).

I have a table of offsets but I can't find a way to import them into Maxsurf. According to this http://www.formsys.com/support/know...f-faq-list/how-do-i-use-prefit-inside-maxsurf it looks like I should be able to use prefit to do what I want but I can't find anything about prefit within the program, even in the Edit menu.

Does maxsurf academic not include prefit?

Thanks,

GavinM

2. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Actually Prefit doesn't work "so good". You can try to make some markers in Maxsurf and export them in text file ... when you see how this file is structured you can easily import your offsets then ... And then you have to fair the surface manually. I like this part :)

P.S: Maxsurf Academic includes only Maxsurf

3. dougal_harris

dougal_harris Junior Member

4. GavinM

GavinM Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys.

I have checked out the webinars, manuals, other tutorials etc but am still struggling (probably because I have way to much other stuff to do on top of this).

I have defined my hull shape using markers now, but now I'm trying to figure out how to modify it from there (just created a new thread for that though).

Thanks again for the help with the last issue!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.