Deepnest - open source nesting software

Discussion in 'Software' started by pafurijaz, Dec 31, 2019.

1. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Hi an other free open source software now for the nesting pieces on CNC cutting machines.

Deepnest_01.png
    Automatic line merging

Deepnest packs your parts into a compact area to save material and time. It automatically merges common lines so the laser doesn't cut the same path twice.

This not only saves time but improves part quality by avoiding heat warping from multiple laser passes.
    A robust nesting engine

Deepnest employs a state of the art part layout engine with part-in-part placement and the ability to nest bitmap images for laser engraving
    It can read

• DXF files
    • SVG files
    • Corel CDR files

It can write

• DXF files
    • SVG files

Available for Windows, Mac and Linux

Deepnest - open source nesting software https://deepnest.io/

Attached Files:

Radenpm9 likes this.
  2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Does Deepnest allow control of the direction of individual parts relative to the sheet? This can be important when nesting plywood parts.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I agree with you. Any program that is really valid for shipbuilding must include the possibility of manual or semi-automatic nesting. The case you present must be solved with the "manual" option because there is no way to indicate to the software the direction of the fiber that the designer has foreseen in each part.

4. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

It's a program that I found just over a month ago, and I dont do this task for a long time, after I check these features better I will answer about that.

5. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

I tried the software but seem not it allow the rotation of pieces, but for me come out with e very clean and acceptable results, why do not try it and even make some review here? Is very simple this are the instruction and it as a machine learning algorithm.

Deepnest_02.png

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

That is a major inconvenience.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.