Interior restoration/design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jpshaff01, May 9, 2005.

1. Jpshaff01

Jpshaff01 New Member

I was wondering if any of you guys have tips for a new guy on where to start with restoring the interior of a boat. Me and my best friend just got 1977 reinell 17 foot 115 hp boat, it has no leaks and the engine runs great so the only problem we really have is the completely ruined interior.

This is it, i think it was quite the deal :)

click

We currently have two of the back to back seats which you can't see the the pics but they arent any good either. So where is the best place to order the marine vinyl and suitable carpet. Also was wondering if the was a website that had any plans or patterns for building your own replacement seats. Ok one more question, can a standard sewing machine handle the vinyl or do you really have to have something heavy duty to sew that stuff.

Any help is appreciated sorry if this already been talked about i did a few searches and thought it would be ok if i asked myself.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You can get replacement seats for cheaper than the material.

3. Gracie

Gracie New Member

Gonzo is telling the truth. You can find replacement seats cheaper. The downside to this is most are not using treated plywood, stainless fasteners (staples), and the foam and vinyl are usually marginal in quality. My husband used his old seats for patterns and ordered foam and vinyl from online. He talked a good bit online with the owner and was able to get the stuff he needed. The colors of the vinyl were pretty , too! I don't know if you can name companies so I won't in this post. You can e-mail me though and I'll let you know.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.