Design Schools

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Scottg4001, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Scottg4001

Scottg4001 Junior Member

Hows it going everyone. I am new to this forum and have glanced at many threads. I have made a decision to pursuing a possible career in boat manufacturing. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or ideas of any good schools to learn how to design and build boats. I am interested in building center console fishing boats. Mostly I just want to learn to build one for myself- sort of as a hobby and then see what happens after. I am in Ft.Lauderdale, FL and most likely need to find a program that I can take over the internet,etc. Ive seen Westlawn and leaning towards that option, but thats the only one I am aware of. Any ideas or does anyone know of other schools that are available to osmeone who works a 7-4 job? Thanks for the help.

2. RThompson

RThompson Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.