Need Beneteau 30 1985 keel bolts!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by MarioCoccon, Aug 25, 2006.

1. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi: I need to replace the keel bolts for a Beneteau 305 1985, where I can find them (the store). I already take one but the search locally was not good. Where I can buy this bolts? Thanks. Mario

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

how long and what size diameter do you need?,,im in dayton ohio and we have many machine shops ....longliner

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I take it you mean a screw? cos, a bolt is a thing with a nut!!
    A screw, goes to thread, there are various capscews, hex, allen, slot, most common is hex, so whats is your diametre and thread, UNF, UNC, METRIC?. MATERIAL? ss, bronze, high tensile steel? Don't think a part number but think an engineering thing, ok :))

4. Robert Gainer

Robert Gainer Designer/Builder

You can have them made at a shop that makes propeller shafts for boats. They will have a way to cut the thread and have access to suitable metal. Some High Schools teach machine shop and they might be able to make some. Or check the phone book for industrial supply companies. They either have it or can tell you where to get them. The bottom line is that this is an item that is not specific to the boat and you just need to find or make a part with the correct thread and length. Just be sure to match the material that was used before.
    Good luck,
    Robert Gainer

5. Richard Hillsid

Richard Hillsid Senior Member

Keel screw? Sounds like some wicked fun, nuts and all.

Screw on keel bolt.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.