Design of small Powercat???

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MaMaX, Aug 1, 2003.

1. MaMaX

MaMaX Junior Member

Hallo to all the Boatdesigners in this Forum, i am searching since a long time for Plans of a small Powercat. Small means about 18' length. I want to build the Cat on my own, in fiberglass. The Design should be similar to the Design of Mr. Cashman's Powercat 189. I tried to contact him twice, but no answer since then.

Is there anybody in this Forum, who can help me to get this or a similar design?

2. MaMaX

MaMaX Junior Member

Wow, i never thought that it would get such a success. Maybe i asked the wrong way? Anyway, did somebody know someone who can help me? Please talk to me!

3. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Max

The reason for no response is after searching my library I could find no powercats that size. I was waiting to see if others had better luck.

Gary :D

4. MaMaX

MaMaX Junior Member

Thanks a lot Gary, for your answer. It is really difficult to find this kind of design, i don't know why but it is really difficult. I wrote on my first post that i found one but the designer did not react to my mail. Do you think someone could made it for me?

5. yipster

yipster designer

Max,
    if getting a answer was as easy as asking a question...
    its also summer, people on vacation and things slow everywhere...

there is more info on the forums on small cats but thats a nice cat indeed! the next step: i would e-mail again and if i'm not mistaken thats the cat that "our" boatdesign.net Jeff designed? maybe ask him?

keep us posted!
    yipster

6. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I'm sorry Max - I somehow missed your emails.

The 189 design was done a number of years ago but never made it past the initial drawing stages (it was drawn & modeled in AutoCad 13 so the model isn't very fluid compared to todays').

I'm afraid I don't know of a directly comparable set of plans available right now or I'd post it.

Best wishes,

Jeff.

7. MaMaX

MaMaX Junior Member

@yipster 100% agree!
    Where are the forums on small cats?

@Jeff
    Thanks for information, your drawing is really beautyfull! Maybe you finish it sometime.

Thanks to all and please excuse my bad english, i try my best.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Just do it

If you want a partticular design then just design it yourself or have it designed.

There is nothing magic about an existing design.

9. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

10. MaMaX

MaMaX Junior Member

@Guest
    I have no Idea how to design it on my own, there are to many specific details about designing, planing and calculate a boat construction. If you are able to do it so please contact me via mail. I'm looking forward.

@Terho
    It is a nice design but it looks more like a utility boat. I'm searching for a closed bow a bit more sportslike. Maybe with a few changes? What will it cost, i mean the plans, DXF Files and so on?

11. terhohalme

terhohalme BEng Boat Technology

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The Argo cats aren't available as plans or in kit form, only finished boats unless I'm mistaken ??? Very sleek though!

13. MaMaX

MaMaX Junior Member

@terho
    Thanks for the link, but the argocats are racecats.
    @all
    Maybe someone would like to design a particular. Please feel free to send me an offer via mail.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

try glen-l I have used their plans to build small race hydro's and I know they have a small inboard powered cat about 18'. Im actually designing a 10' 1 man myself and have been having a heck of a time finding reference material, I was very excited to see the link you had provided

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.