Design of Malaysian fishing boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by kimeyJB, Apr 24, 2011.

1. kimeyJB

kimeyJB New Member

anyone who might have knowledge on design characteristics of Malaysian traditional fishing boat..??hopefully ur ideas will help me to carry on a survey...

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Just go to fishing boat yard and look at boats. I doubt if those boats are ever formally 'designed'.

I did same study for Thai fishing boats, quite interesting.

3. kimeyJB

kimeyJB New Member

i already visit the boatyards, doing some interview with the boat owner.. and boat builder..but, for certain issues..not concern about its design characteristics.. is it the building concept for the house is same for the boat.??it remains problem to me..its hard to find source regarding the wheelhouse design..eventhough i've got the design characteristics for other components

4. Tom Ask

Tom Ask Junior Member

Malaysian Boat Design

I conducted a lot of research in this area in 2009. Feel free to contact me at task@pct.edu. You can also google scholar my name and you will see my work. Good luck, fascinating topic.

1 person likes this.

5. Surfszup

Surfszup Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.