Design James Bond's Boat - Fiction Writer Needs Help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MichaelPollens, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Tritonsubs

Tritonsubs Submarine design & build

We build luxury submarines at U.S. Submarines, Inc and have been doing so for 18 years. Several years ago, without contacting us, Tom Clancy started using a couple of our diesel electric submarines in his novels, the Nomad 1000 and the Discovery 1000. The 65' long, 1000 foot capable, diesel electric Nomad 1000 will make a maximum of 11 knots on the surface but that didn't keep Tom Clancy for making it go 45 knots in his book!

2. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Lets see now I think there's a few surplus Space Shuttle engines on the market, ya I think we can do it, How about you lend us one of the 65 footers and we'll marry that into the structure and see what happens. Much the same as those British Lads that installed the Supermarine Spitfire RR Merlin engine into the Mustang-- She hauled her *** after that little swap much to the dismay of the Focke-Wulf cabbies---:) God i'm turning into a FROSTY--:) :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.