Design History

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by dishsail, Jun 19, 2006.

1. hansp77

hansp77

Fair, Fair and Fair,

Tigers withdraw their claws and start purring like pusscats again.:D :D :D

No offence guys,
    but we have to be a bit carefull.
    And it does help to be nice.

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Hans,
    Are you calling me a pus... Naaah - you wouldn't do that! :)

Yes, it does help to be nice, but we have had more than our fair share (whatever that is) of people asking us to do homework for them.
    I hope dish stays around, if only to discover that we are not as bad as we can appear. Although if he has really been here 2 years I would have hoped he had noticed by now....
    Steve

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Geez you blokes can be tough! about 15 posts on giving poor old Dishsail a lecture before anyone was prepared to help him!
    If I remember correctly Dishsail is doing the Westlawn course. If I'm right and you're still there - take another look through the wooden boat building text. I'm pretty sure there's a diagram and description in there that's better than anything I could give you...

5. Hunter25

Hunter25 Senior Member

I had not logged on to this post in a few days and I wish I had. I did not think my reply was particularly devious, though possibly baiting him to understand what to me is a very simple and common term. My first crossing of a "hollow garboard" was in one of Howard Chapelle's books, probably Boat Building around the age of 15. Asking a friend, who is a Westlawn graduate, he suggested the information was available to him in his study texts. Damn, I did not mean to piss him off or for him to run away with a bad taste in his mouth. I hope he can come back and accept my apology, though the Google search for hollow garboard quickly shows how much effort was placed before his arrival here.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.