Design for a DIY marine composting head.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Yobarnacle, Sep 11, 2013.

1. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

What's to sober my thoughts? 10 minutes of talk about all the wonderful things we can do with the miracle of nanotechnology, if we send money to him so that he can give it to others so they can research how to do it. It's a non-profit charity.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

You mean it is a non-taxed business for another elite profiteer ....

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Delving into this 'North Point Charity' a little, the ones who made the video, http://northpointcharity.org/ for all the talk and show, they have only 1 company they've reviewed.

Searl Magnetics. They have yet to build a prototype or even prove anything they say is possible.

Check out the Searl Magnetics websites posted at the charity. I can't seriously believe this sort of stuff. I find it funny and appalling at the same time.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

The Kennedys made an art form out of misleading non-profits, so they wouldn't have to pay taxes on their riches.

And now, Bill Gates, Soros, Buffet ....

Why don't they tax those 1%, a flat 50% on their tax free foundations this year and apply that to the deficit?

;)

5. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

They ought to put a tax on fabricating statements.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Wow. That is an idea.

Politicians would be bankrupt tomorrow, and the next day, the media.

What would we do with all the quiet?

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Well, you'd probably interrupt it with rants about liberals and progressives....:p

8. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Troy,

As long as you are around, I don't have to. It must be all the noise you gotta put up from all of them darn liberals and progressives you live with.

How's your boat?

When are we having the getting her wet party?

9. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Hi Troy.
    I'd rather discuss things with you, than SamSam.
    Too much like a hair pulling contest with sam Sam! :D

I do believe he objects to anything I post, not on it's merits, but because it's MY post. :)

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Ummm... there aren't a whole lot of liberals and progressives around here; trust me. Most of them are in the urban areas, as has been pointed out before.

Realistically, it's starting to look like my boat won't get very far until after I retire, in about a year and 9 months. I had hoped to have it done by then. But my shop is 168 miles from my job, and I'm working so many extra 12-hour shifts I've hardly been home for months. I'll probably let you know after she splashes, instead of before....

But enough about me; let's talk about you for a change. What are you building, when will it be done, and what's taking you so long? I seem to have missed your build thread....

11. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Uh huh. OK. Nothing to say about my comments on the merits of the video you posted, I see.

Although I have a somewhat malodorous manner, I'm thinking I usually get around to addressing the merits of your posts. I'm also thinking you either don't answer them, or like in the defunct thread where you were trying to link evolution to thermodynamics, you post huge super technical C&Ps that are indecipherable, or never do make any links to the question in question.

So, all I saw in the video was vague talk about possibilities and 3 simple stage props. A few pieces of flexible plastic, a pitcher, glasses and water, and a misrepresented photo. (The child was dying of starvation, not thirst.) Linking to North Point Charity I see that despite mentioning all types of alternative energy, they have only 'reviewed' 1 technology. Looking at that one technology, I see it was 'discovered' in 1946 and in 62 years has not even been shown to be workable, much less a prototype made. They both have made it very clear that donations are needed, although why you would donate to the one so they could donate to the other seems senseless.

I don't know. I don't fall for that kind of stuff, I see no merits in the scheme. Sorry. It's the same way with "eligionray".

BTW, this is the linkedin avatar of the guy who owns the North Point Charity, (he has 6 other non-profits) who made the video you posted. Is this some kind of conspiracy? ;)

[​IMG]

12. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

I thought the window film power generation interesting.
    I didn't research it further.
    I accepted your 'uncovering' of the details.
    I research topics helpful to my project. in the process, I stumble across other items I think are interesting. In a limited thread like composting toilet, some off topic rambling filler can be added.
    Am I going to research veracity of each of these encountered tidbits of interest? Nope. I'm researching for help on MY project! :)
    It's unfortunate you can't appreciate anything I post. That gives me the impression it's ME you object to. :D

13. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

There are some like that.

:)

14. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I don't think you are looking for my build ....

But, if I were you, I would take the boat with me and get in an hour or two a week, in a year, she would be done.

168 mile commute? That is short for SoCal. That is why they cannot cut the smog.

Keep it up. Slow is better than not at all.

15. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

So you believe I could build her in about a hundred hours? Don't think so. What I would have in about a year is a pile of twisted wooden pretzels setting around in the desert sun, not a boat.
    Don't be silly. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive each way if everything goes right, and I work 12-hour shifts. When would you expect me to take care of the little things like eating, bathing, sleeping... much less build a boat?

California has cut the smog, substantially. In spite of the population exploding, the air is noticeably cleaner than it was thirty or forty years ago.

She'll get there. Hopefully, the overtime situation will slow down pretty soon. The company has already hired a couple of new hands, but they have to make it through several months of company schools before they're allowed to play with anything.