Design Direction

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by philwhittaker, Mar 7, 2003.

1. philwhittaker

philwhittaker Junior Member

I have been considering skipping over to the design side of the marine industry for some time now and I guess this is the first step down that line.
    I have been sailing all my life, (First Zimbabwe, then South Africa) and started crewing profesionally 10 years ago.
    I have worked and crewed on both power and sail boats, am licensed to drive the things and have done so, have even done a circumnavigation.
    Currently I am doing project management on a fleet of boats in the New England area for a host of owners and yards and this gives me the oportunity to learn more about the mak up of a good yacht.
    I would like a little advice on what direction I should be going to find a job as a designer, education etc. and also find out if anyone in the New England Area is hiring.

Looking forward to hearing
    P

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.