Design Brief...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Let's just suppose that there is still a market for a good performing offshore capable small mid entry level F/G sport fishing boat...

Giving the old preliminary below - what would you want as same for a standard equipment list - power options - and interior layout...

Walk around decks and a 'snag free' boat - low rear bulwarks for netting and retrieval or an open transom - live wells and other...

Help me out - perhaps same will keep me out of trouble for a short spell...:)

Cheers and thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

2. im412

im412 Junior Member

every man and his dog is making a good performing offshore capable small mid entry level F/G sport fishing boat...
    better to find a smaller market that isnt being met or that you can meet better
    or find a hull you like and splash it..like everyone else does
    cheers
    jack

1 person likes this.
  3. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Thanks...

Hello...

I know you are correct in saying...

No question - and thanks for telling me what I wanted or expected to hear...

Just ain't worth it...:)

Cheers...

SH.

4. KCook

KCook Senior Member

I'm not a fan of motor brackets on a boat that small. My 1st choice would be an integrated euro transom. But a notch transom with modest splashwell also works out well in small designs. What is the LOA-to-beam ratio on this?

Kelly Cook

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.