ford 2.5 diesle water plumbing ?

Discussion in 'DIY Marinizing' started by 2woods, Nov 9, 2005.

1. 2woods

2woods Junior Member

the raw water system is split in to 2 circuits (1 to water heatexchanger and 1 to oil cooler and around manifold),do both outlets (15mm) join the exhaust box via a t piece or just 1 join it and 1 straight out.
    the engine is a 2.5 diesle ford transit engine.
    cheers.:) :confused:

2. 650xs

650xs Junior Member

hi 2 wooods, well, raw water should come from a filtered source,then into gear box cooler ,if have one ,then oil cooler for main engine ,then through heatexchanger (if combined exhaust/heat exchanger) if not then through exhaust manifold to water injection bend to cool /exit out of boat ........qssss has this got gearbox /outdrive ,what type??? is heatexchanger got makers name on it?? what size rawater pump??? how is it driven?? ......reason to pull water from one source and one single pipe is for simplcity. there are lots of home made marinizing enines out there some good some bad ,but well known make must be correctly installed so they work crrect way ,to be efficent..... to take heat trasfer away from heat source,but keep engine at correct op temp.hope this helps a little send me pics so can see how ur lump is set up ???!!!!!

3. 2woods

2woods Junior Member

it is a ford 2.5 diesel engine directly coupled to an enfield 130 sterndrive.
    it has a bowman heat exhcanger, and i presume is a bowman oil cooler.
    the water enters via a filter, then simer paddle pump driven off the engine, the pipe then splits into 2, the first going into the heat exchanger and out to nowhere, the second into the oil cooler then a series of elaborate pipes surrounding the exhaust manifold, then goes to nowhere.
    i have an exhaust box to install with a water inlet, I need to know do the two 'nowhere' ends get joined via a tee piece and piped to the exhaust box or does one get piped to the box and one piped out through transom?
    thanks