delta pads

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by halihunter, Jun 13, 2005.

1. halihunter

halihunter Junior Member

Does any one have experience or comments on delta pads. This is where on a deep v hull, the hull is flattened in a triangular shape going forward from the transom. This is supposed to create additional lift. I was wondering how this effects the seakeeping in larger seas.

2. yipster

yipster designer

interesting! am looking at waterjet intakes having similar arangements. was so dumb to lose my PB issue with delta areas for planing boats etc. i keep myself posted here and hope good info may follow

3. halihunter

halihunter Junior Member

thanks for the reply. As a point of clarification, the boat that I am considering to have built would be 27'-30' loa, have maybe a 22 degree deadrise and be constructed of aluminium. I am planning on powering with a volvo D4 or D6 i/o duoprop.

4. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Planing pads are not the easiest things to design on paper and work on a custom designed boat. I really think buying a blank hull and deck would giveyou all the benifits and no failure. Then you can fill the insides to your hearts content.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.