Reverse development

Discussion in 'Software' started by member 69256, Mar 4, 2021.

1. member 69256

member 69256 Junior Member

I used Freeship to draw a simple flat bottom skiff. I developed the 3 panels of the boat and printed them. I cut them out and assembled the panels, the hull is hogged instead of rockered. The shape of the hull is reasonably correct. When I spring the hull to achieve the proper rocker the sides of the hull lay down. What have I done wrong? I am new to this software, all help would be appreciated.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

3. member 69256

member 69256 Junior Member

Already elimated that possibility, using the other edge of the panel causes the transom and stem to lean into the center of the boat. The bottom panel also becomes way to short.

4. DogCavalry

DogCavalry Senior Member

Images please. Your audience is operating blind.

5. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

They are either upside down, inside out, or back-to-front, or perhaps some combination that is sure to do your head in. It does not sound like a terribly intricate design, bust as mentioned, pictures would help.

6. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

Check the panel measurements against the drawing, all edges. If it works in 3D CAD, it will work in 3D reality. Make sure the flat panel has the same measurements along the edges as the 3D panel and isn't just a projection.
    (I hope I'm getting my meaning across).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.