Boat Building 101...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

See Hello...

Personally I still find it funny that people design asymetrical 'things' - with asymetrical loadings and wonder why they do not go straight - then they load them up with massive high RPM gryro motors and wonder why they pull one way like a drunken dragon but are slugs going the other way...

Tell you what - and I am being a prick - but - go fill your bath tub with water - every cubic foot of that stuff weighs in at about 62 damned pounds - stick your hand in it - ah - so soothing - move your hand around slowly - hypnotic - now slap your open palm against it as hard and fast as you can and watch how it responds and remember how it makes you feel...

Water will move - but only if it wants to...

We are really arrogant little ants on this Planet...

For shits and giggles - no pun intended - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1RHmSm36aE ...

Sorry - cheers...

SH.

2. masalai

masalai masalai

The answer lies in getting someone competent to oversee the project and if - on their recommendation something is added or changed, - they rectify it if it does not work, and at their expense... (not likely to have much success at finding one of those in business...)

So if you the owner make changes then learn to remove the change or WEAR IT hehehe.... If a boat is going stern down whilst climbing onto the plane then you have an overweight boat desperately trying to "walk on water" and "add-ons" are an acknowledgement of this and just make the situation worse.... Get a boat that is better designed, built and be realistic as to the compromises necessary to meet you the owners' stupid uncompromising demands....:D:D:D

3. Sean Herron

Boats And Toilet Flushers...

Hello...

Sorry and with all due repsect - I have to do this...

Nice boat - sort of - but it reminds me of my...

SH.

Attached Files:

4. Sean Herron

Yeah But...

Hello...

Trim tabs just make sense - and they are cheap - and they are a very low drag option on a boat pulling massive torque trim at WOT or on an asymetrically loaded boat - by internal weights - later - at rest is not easy to spot - get the ***** flying and she will tell you what she wants - like a nagging wife...:)

ONCE AGAIN - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8Ul8Lvx1M&feature=channel_page ...

YUP...

SH.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

The numbers can and DO lie - ask any experienced boat-builder (Sean), "creative" accountant or an economist.... Experience, an open mind, and keen observation counts more.... I still contend, a good design should not need "after-market fixes" to problems and issues that should not be there in the first place (mostly because of overloading or misuse by stupid owners, when he bought a boat he should not have even considered - but the owner in this case, would be stupid)....

6. Sean Herron

New English...

Hello...

I submit - 'torgue wedge' - into the N.Arch vocabulary - a couple of 492's spinning clockwise together on plane...

Ticking the hook on a hull is not acceptable - inexpensive and EFFECTIVE Bennet - or other - trim tabs are ...

Simple stuff if you ask me...:)

But be very quiet - I KNOW **** ABOUT BOATS...

I always wanted to be a dancer in Satin shorts...:)

OH YEAH - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAjmuA1HDk ... :)

SH.

7. Sean Herron

No F'ck...

Hello...

Happiness is pissing into your vacuum toilet and knowing that it goes somewhere...

Happiness is going WOT and knowing she has an underated RPM - and a reserve...

Happiness is a guage on all domestic systems in the mechanical room that you can just glance at before farting and BBQ'in some organic beef...

Happiness is a seasonal system purge per same on your ship air - domestic water and other non glycol loops...

Happiness is ah - a BRUNETTE man ...:)

I am so - so - ah - POPEYE - pop eyed ...

SH.

Attached Files:

8. Sean Herron

Blow Masi's Cover...

Hello...

Looks like you are a MOD here - kudos - I remain just a F'ck up and all for same...

I am feeling that I get away with a lot - but I do not pull race or sex on anyone - just stupid ***...

That is me - if they can pull their weight - if they can justify their design - all is good...

Myself - I am very tired - into the valley and up the next hill...

I hope that you are well...

SH.