Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I was speaking of the artist
    he did the Horses of Achilles

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Sounds like a pervert to me :eek:

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

Well, I read the first twenty and the last two pages of this thread. Leave it to Mas and the Indian to reduce a thread to drivel (the last page has nothing to do with the original thread)...
    The answer to piracy lies in how we got here in the first place... by coddling and fearing these *******s (the pirates) instead of killing them outright. Damn, this is not rocket science - .338 Lapua or .50 BMG (or any number of wildcats many of which are hunting rounds) I like the Lapua but nothing much beats the .50 for line-boring a bus (or a hull, block, and out the other side) at 500 yards.
    Unless it was buried in this thread rendered not worth the time to peruse by drivel, ditties, Herron, etc., it is not herein stated how to deal with pirates...remember to shoot low and often (the bullets will skip and dog-leg as doing so). The Desert Tactical Recon Scout (semi-auto is the key - and it is a short and easy to hide bull-pup) is the perfect tool for this. The .338 is probably even better than the bigger calibers still travelling at over 2000FPS after a skip at 200 yards. Remember to keep only cheap guns onboard if in places where they are illegal so that you can throw them over after dispatching vermin. Plinkers like Aks and AR15 and such ARE NOT ANTI-MATERIAL so bear in mind that it is going to be dangerous and expensive to travel in these places until the civilized world gets off their flacid little Obama asses and kills some pirates.
    Mas, get busy filling the thread with your substitute for thoughtful insight - graphs and bitterness with the U.S. because of your failures. Are you muslim, perchance?

4. mark775

mark775 Guest

By the way, most of these *******s couldn't hit a 20 meter boat past 100 meters with an RPG and none of them could be consistantly effective past 300 meters. I say put them dead-in-the-water before 500 meters, then do the job our governments should have done. To do this, one need practice. I have an advantage here, living in Alaska. We shoot lots, nobody thinks anything of it and shooting from moving boats is just part of what we do (technically, not supposed to shoot at game while boat still has head-way to prevent chasing and killing a whole herd of caribou on the Yukon flats).
    At first glance, I thought "natural selection at work" about pacifists willing to allow someone to take them "pirate style" (do you know what THAT is?) so that someones feelings don't get hurt but at further consideration, I believe it is our responsibility to come down HARD on pirates. Even "The Great Soul" Ghandi said something to the effect that, "given the choice between cowardice and violence - choose violence with *******s who commit piracy."

5. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

GO NAVY...........................They got our man safe and sound. 3 dead pirates, 1 injured and in the brig aboard ship. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

in the course of polite conversation things tend to ebb and flow
    key term there being polite ( note that and look it up if necessary )

as for who can shoot and who cant
    I got a 22250 with a bipod front end and a 6x24 scope on it
    I spent years, thousands of rounds, and burned several barrels to be able to say I think I can pretty much hit anything with in 750 yards down to the size of a prairie dog say 2 out of 3 times depending on conditions
    with my 7 mill untra mag ( same ballistics ) I can do a little better but it costs more so unless Im going after antelope I hardly ever shoot that one

this constant habbit of riding roughshod into any thread you find is hardly worth my efforts to rebut

only one person fits that description round here mate and Ill give you one guess who that is
    hint
    not the pirates
    not the participants in this thread
    nother hint
    ill just write to the offending party and whistle

we recommended a few rounds each somewhere in the middle of this thread
    and thats exactly what they got
    maybe if you had actually read the hole thread you would have noticed that

7. mark775

mark775 Guest

Boston, 22 250 is a great round for shootin' varmints, I'll give you that and no more. It has no place in this discussion. Tho you automatically perk up anytime someone says "*******" this time it was not you but the pirates in reference.

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Personally I favour the small mortar launcher that you shoot from the hip. The only problem is getting you legs out of the deck after each launch :eek:

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya but the military went to the 7 mill from the 50 cal for most sniper ops and I think it would be pertect for pirates ( a lot like varmints )

the conversation had digressed to a comment on the french and I was merely stating that world would be a far poorer place without em
    noting some great french artists
    course they got some dam good writers as well
    Dumas

seems appropriate that we remain civilized
    discuss fine French art and literature while sipping a brandy and occasionally
    when the moment calls for it
    shooting pirates
    Ild go with a 7 mill untra mag for best effect
    although since Ild probably be on a ship and not needing to worry about carrying lots of big heavy rounds inst an issue

my solution would go something as follows

charles be a good chap and bring me another round please
    ah thank you
    all together now
    every one got there target
    on my count
    and
    done

the 50 would certainly make an impression on anyone unfortunate enough to be sitting next to said pirate
    so you see
    although we had digressed as polite conversation often does
    we were
    in the end
    still on the same page

cheers
    B

10. mark775

mark775 Guest

Curious where you got that "the military went to the 7 mil from the .50 cal for most sniper ops". The consensus seems to actually be that whatever the 7 can do the .300 Win.Mag can do better. I know that the seven is better ballistically (with a 165gr GameKing) than my cherished .308 but also kicks much more, throws a smaller projectile and is therefore more affected by wind, and is not as common.
    Any common "black gun" round is anti-personel out to 400 meters (tho a .223 drops 6 ft between 400 and 600 meters - kinda like in slow-pitch where the ball can hit the plate and still be a strike you are almost dropping rounds on top of their heads with it). But my whole point was that to stop pirates you need something that will aerate their engine block. Also, my favorite, the .338 Lapua, or the .50 BMG will create incapacitating shrapnel with pieces of their boat if you hit in front of them. Nothing quite like the devistation wrought by big, fast bullets that I know or could possibly acquire.
    God bless the U.S. Navy for saving that brave captain. "On my count" is exactly how they do it. I've not yet read the details but I'm sure that the three bullets that hit the three pirates were fired simultaniously and not ever heard except by the one at which they didn't have a clear shot. - BO will soon issue a statement of apology or take personal credit for the skills of the men who executed the release as he cuts funding for them.
    I didn't say anything about the French even tho I DO have feelings about them I am not going to express because they are people, good and bad.
    Who are you calling Dumas?

11. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

:) :D :p Hilarious!

12. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Mark - my post 1264 was slightly off track, but still dealing with piracy - same effect just different "ocean" and as usual, still no solution,,, for no force, or, government has the arrogance to defy the "protection" of international law and the "bleeding heart community" - who would cry foul at the suggestion of "collateral damage to innocent victims" of the clean-out of the wasps nests....

and, - are we not "pirating this thread? - So, I beg your indulgence and for you to accept that the much espoused by America "freedom to speak ones mind" be allowed to fester in your mind....

How many times have you and others postulated that a big gun is the solution - all talk - as the pirates are getting bolder by the day... Just a simple press on an appropriately connected button is all it would take, and I am sure uncle sam would supply the wherewithall if it included total political deniability and your (being the pejorative) head in the "noose" as the one to blame... :D

14. RHP

RHP Senior Member

We showed dem buggers........ :D

Attached Files:

• 53AS.jpg
      53AS.jpg
      File size:
      80.3 KB
      Views:

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

It is one thing to say you will shoot another human, but a totally different scenario actually doing it, depending on the situation of course.

Anyone who can just shoot another without a feeling of regret (which you should feel before you pull the trigger) is something serious wrong with.

Personally I think for me it would be easier to kill some humans than an animal. Probably comes with the territory.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.