Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

finders keepers,,,,losers weepers,,,,,,,,ha ha ha ha,,,,,,,,,,,,longliner

2. Wilma Ham

Wilma Ham Senior Member

Is this where you all spend your time. No wonder I have to design my own interior!

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah I know but-but-

Havnt you got enough money anyway?

Youlle only go and spent it on bombs and bullets and invade some poor helpless country that cant fight back.

Any way you can keep it,-- but we have to charge you mooring fees and salvage license fees,---That comes to Oh about ,--say--eerrmm 500 million.

Give or take a million

4. charmc

charmc Senior Member

40 miles off Lands End is international waters, jack, not UK.

"Experts believe the wreck to be the Merchant Royal, an English ship carrying stolen Spanish treasure which sank in 1641" BBC News, 19 May, 2007

Hmmmmmmm, Yanks found a treasure that Brits stole from Spaniards in 1641, that means the Spaniards stole it from Indians .... sounds like it's going home. :)

5. Guest-3-12-09-9-21

Guest-3-12-09-9-21 Senior Member

Must be nice...

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Stealing stuff of other people was all ok in those days. it was perfecty acceptable behavour,---like the yanks today!!

Finders keepers loosers weepers seems to be the rules here.

Errm 40miles is not Uk? well its not near New York harbour is it.

So if you were in a dinghy 40 miles of Lands End,-- would America be closest then.

Must've shifted or something.

Did you drag anchor 3000 miles.

Walrus lives in Cornwall Im surprised he didnt go out on his inflatable walrus he bought from Woolworths.

7. charmc

charmc Senior Member

BBC News late breaking report:
    A spokesman for American treasure hunting and salvage firm Odyssey Marine Exploration has just described a strange incident that took place last month, while treasure recovery operations were being concluded. A strange boat, with a large antique cannon loaded on deck, approached within 100 yards. Witnesses say the captain, "a portly guy, real heavy" wore an ancient pirate costume and what looked like the skin of a dead sea creature, perhaps an elephant seal or a walrus. He was attempting to load the ancient cannon when his boat suddenly overturned. As he swam back towards the Cornish mainland, he was heard to bellow "Twas just some bad luck, it was. That stability calc is just some way those blokes sitting on their fat asses on shore try to get rich off us honest sailors. Tee hee!" The spokesman for Odyssey marine concluded by saying, "It was a very strange event." One of the Odyssey marine crew snapped a photo of the boat's lone occupant.

Attached Files:

8. Vega

Vega Senior Member

What "Indians" are you talking about? You mean the Americans?:p

9. charmc

charmc Senior Member

"The Company has an exclusive partnering agreement with the Government of the United Kingdom ... On March 23, 2007, the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a press release to announce agreement between Spain and the United Kingdom for Odyssey to proceed with the Alboran project, ... As part of this agreement, Odyssey has agreed to provide information relative to other shipwrecks in the surrounding area to the Spanish Government to assist in their protection and preservation."

See? Yanks are nice guys, share when appropriate, work with the Brits, even with the folks the Brits stole the stuff from. All nicey nice.

Break out the fruitcakes, Westlawn!

Attached Files:

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

wilma welcome back, hows it going? Why you all arguing about MY gold? Who said 40 miles is international waters? 200 miles is the limit these days, ask Gadaffi - makes Paris part of the UK (again)!

they got it good luck to them! We'll just break a few ******* noses next time we see them, nothing personal, just friendly fire really! spilt milk Jack? Oh what the Hell, the job wasn't that easy, nor cheap! enjoy it!

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Isnt the forum slow on Sundays?

It just goes to show how many members only go on the forum whilst at work.

I wish I had a job--Ide have a week off.

12. Guest-3-12-09-9-21

Yanks stealing stuff? That is because we have the constitutional right to keep and arm bears.

13. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

"break a few septic noses"

What you talkin bout Walrus?:mad:

Hey Jack, couple people around. Rainy day here, gonna maybe read :) a book. Non-fiction of course. About some guy that tries to sail the same route James Cook took on one of his many voyages.

Take care everyone.

Tim

14. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

huh? I am really confuse... you wanna free fruit cakes?:)

15. Guest-3-12-09-9-21

Hmmm...I got the ol' red flag for my previous reply.

[Red Mark] Dealing with pirates 05-20-2007 10:18 AM "easy, senoir member"

I really don't keep or arm bears. It was an attempt at humor...No? Nothing? I guess I am playing to the wrong audience. So goes the approval rating.
    Now I know how SW must feel (I imagine you have gotten a few of the red ticks in your career here).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.