Dealing with pirates

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by dave L, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

charmc give you a clue - its like the cockney's in the rhyme

You know like apples and pears = stairs! bit complicated I know but there you have it - work the rest out for yourself! In your case because your s.... and a h..s... I'll wish you luck!

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Charmc may have had a sheltered life and been raised using a modern sewerage system.

May not get the connection between an American and a septic, only us older generation.

It's the Australian national sport calling people names. Pom is only the abreviation, "Pommy ********" is the correct term.

We poke fun at all people living overseas including the Tasmanians.

3. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

And if they really are deserving of special attention then "whinging pommy ********" used to suffice.. ;-)

When I was holidaying in NZ last year(great place) (apart from all the sheep ****) but I digress, I went to a Chinese restaraunt for dinner. WE got served by this Asian guy with the heaviest Kiwi accent I'd heard so far. All I could do not burst out laughing.. lol. To show there is no race bias here, my girlfriend who actually is a sheep botherer, thought it was the funniest thing she'd heard all day.

Mychael

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

5. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

As I understand it.. The term "limey" came from the olden days when pommy sailors lived on rum, salted pork and hardtack. They suffered bad from scurvey.
    An (uncommenley) enlighted navel person realised that if the crew were fed Limes which are high in vitamin C then scurvey could be controlled.. Hence the term "Limey"

Mychael

6. ron17571

ron17571 Junior Member

Radio talked of a group of retired folks on vacation,bus was held up somewhere in south america,exmilitary man in his seventys grabbed one of the bandits in a head lock and snapped the bandits neck.nobody likes being screwed with.

7. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Jack it is Pome, pronounced Pommy. That's where the E came from. Poms are not people living in the UK. It's the ******** that come over here. I am actually a Pom, came over here when I was 5 so I was brought up in Australia.

Although to Ozzies it doesn't matter, to my own kids I'm a Pommy *******, true Ozzies love, calling people names.

Ozzies never accept anybody born overseas unless you can win them a gold medal at the Olympics or can become a recording artist.

Well gotto go put Lotto on win a few million and sail the world. Fck the pirates.

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh Ok --That clears that up then.

Nope never won a gold medal or anything else but get on with the Aussies like a house on fire.

When I have been there I have been shown unbelievable hospitality. I just dont understand there attitude to work and expectations of government hand outs!!

I found out the other day what a "Chins" hand bag is --oooh this could be sensative.

9. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Have to say I don't know what that one is.. 'Please explain"..

Mychael

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well eeerrm as I understand it a "chin" being a female Aborigine and a box of wine with a handle on it was refered to as a chins hand bag.

Now before all hell lets loose it was an Aussie that told me.

But why do I think you knew that?

11. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Poida mate' got me a problem with this 'poking Tasmainians' thought they were mostly poking each other,(and before Jack dives in - just like us Cornish, got a family feeling for it! Well most of their towns are named after Cornish ones, where do think they got the idea?)

Some bloody 'septic' is gonna tell me "Cornwall", you just know it don't you - literal bar stewards;)

12. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Yeah Jack . That story rings a bell. Not one I've heard in ages. I honestly did not recall it.

Mychael

13. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Foreplay in Cornwall, "Mum you awake?"

14. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Jack, the term you speak of relating to the Australian Aboriginal are not used in sophisticated circles. You must have been associating with the wrong sort of people.

Most Australians don't like our Aboriginals being called derogatory names.

15. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Gee, Boat forum. "The place for the sophisticated to mingle" lol.
    Could have fooled me. As long as there is no genuine malice (and I'm sure there isn't), I'm cool.

Mychael

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.