de Groot method

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by M.Raven, Jun 1, 2015.

1. M.Raven

M.Raven New Member

Hello,

Does anybody have any information regarding the Groot method for resistance prediction in small boats?
    I want to use the Groot method equations for simple effective power prediction in small boats. I found the Groot graphs as a function of Froude number, residual resistance- displacement weight ratio, length displacement ratio but I need the single graph or a single formula for effective power prediction.
    Can anybody help me?
    Thank you.

Cheers

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

3. M.Raven

M.Raven New Member

Dear David,

I have seen these posts before and the de Groot graph but I am looking only for one equation (one master curve) to use it in a spreadsheet for power prediction. I have seen the spread sheet distributed by Alik and he used a single equation for power prediction:
    Rr/gD==(0,02113*EXP(16,8*FnL)+2,267/L)/1000
    I do not know from where this formula comes from or how he converted all curves into this master curve/equation?
    I appreciate if you could help me.

Best regards,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.