Advice for people who just started or getting started.

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by tea_floss, May 13, 2017.

1. tea_floss

tea_floss Junior Member

Hello, fellow maritime engineers, first, I apologize in advance if this is a wrong place to ask this kind of questions. I just graduated and hopefully, Find an opportunity soon.

- What advice would you give who is new or about to start a career in maritime industry (Specifically to a marine design/ Naval architect)?

- What good habits/ practices one must learn and stick to?

- How to make sure that one is exceeding superiors expectations and perform an excellent job?

- What's the best way to stay up to date with new technology?

- If you had an opportunity to go back in time what would advice would you give to your fresher self?

Last, Tell me about your one favorite book and a movie. Plese, feel free to add things you feel are important. This forum has helped me a lot and I would love to give it back for years to come. Again, thank you, fellow Maritimers.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.