Sailmaking

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by DaveK, Jan 17, 2006.

1. DaveK

DaveK Junior Member

Sorry if this has been ask here before but, wondered if anyone has some good links to cutting and making your own sails. I want to make my own for a rc sailboat. I have been searching for awhile and can't find much. I was hoping to find and learn how full size sails are cut such as the tri-radial sail. I know I could buy 'em cheap already made but, I want to experiment and learn something from this little toy that I could apply to a full size boat.

Thanks for any help!!
    DaveK

2. Windvang

Windvang Yacht Designer

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

sails

Also google Lester Gilbert's site and see rcsailing.net and Windpower. For more technical info you might look at Sandy Goodall's site. For a fee he'll give you an excellent sail design- he's done so for numerous rc sails built for me by Sails by Morgan in Cocoa ,FL.You could also look up Sail Rite kit sails and sailmaking supplies. Small Grommets and other rc sailmaking supplies are available thru Great Basin Model Yacht Supplies. You may find more rc specific info under the suppliers list on www.amya.org

4. DaveK

DaveK Junior Member

Thanks Doug and Windvang!! I'll check those out.

DaveK

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.