Dandee 8M cat from China?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by mirkosebastian, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mirkosebastian

mirkosebastian Junior Member

Hello! I am new in this forum, much appreciate your professional threads.

What happened to this Shuttleworth modified by Roger Dann? The Rodann website is off and the 2008 prototype sold. Have they only made one?
    Where are the moulds?

Seemed like the best-ever value : dismantle for transport, carbon rig, spacious cabins, no frills, leightweight. Without that huge footwell the ideal coastal cruiser IMO.

Cheers from Montreux, Mirko

PS about myself: share a modified Tiki 30 in Greece
    http://wharrambuilders.ning.com/profile/MirkoSebastian

1 person likes this.
  2. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

As far as I know (and I have met Roger) the moulds are still in China and only one boat was built

Years ago a couple of Cheetahs were built in Scotland. I believe one sailed across the Atlantic

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

3. packsail

packsail Junior Member

Hey, I'm building another Shuttleworth design slightly larger than the Chetah. It's the Shuttle 31, but Shuttleworth modified it for me to have a plumb bow.

I have finished the deck mold and will start building the bottom mold after we infuse the two decks.

Take a look on Facebook at Packsail.

4. mirkosebastian

@ Packsail: Your mould looks professional. Will you make hulls and nacelle for dismantling?

Dandee 8M: the one and only ever built is for sale near Toronto since last September. Boat already received an osmosis treatment. Would be great to talk to Roger...

There is another 'Canadian' Shuttleworth for sale in Finnland, a TEC 35 from 2001.

Anyone tempted to share ownership? Half the cost, double the fun. Do this with our Tiki 30 since a number of years, want something else soon.

5. packsail

packsail Junior Member

@ Mirkosebastian

It will be difficult to design for dismantling. The forward beam that is designed to not only join the two hulls also takes the load of the mast. I don't plan on

Were you involved with the fossailing.org team that built two of these in Switzerland in 2001? I'm attaching one of my favorite pictures of their sister boats from the designers website.

I've also been in contact with the builder of the Tek 35's. He's from Ontario and now retired, but has been very helpful in giving advice on building our boat.

http://www.john-shuttleworth.com/Images/Fig-18-S31-cockpit.jpg

6. mirkosebastian

Fossailing is a cool project. Don't know them but might book a passage with them in the western med. They built in strip-plank.
    Issue with cats is storage. That's why I like the demountable Dandee.

7. joseph sigley

joseph sigley Junior Member

we build boat moulds if your are intrested in any design please let us know maybe we can help you j-s-composites.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.