Dan-O's first boat build. Small 8' Solar/Electric Cat!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ElectroDanO, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:09 PM.

1. ElectroDanO

ElectroDanO New Member

Hello everyone! First post but, long time lurker. Thanks for this awesome forum. So much great info on here! I'm ready to jump in and give it a shot!

I've been a boat guy for a while now and currently have a '77 DiMarco jet boat that I'm in the middle of rebuilding. I missed being on the water so, I picked up a little 8'x5' paddle boat just to get us out there but, I couldn't leave it alone after I saw how well it worked. I added a trolling motor, solar setup, and other goodies. I've really had fun playing with this thing! I want to build a nicer hull for this project and take it to the next level. I haven't been able to find any plans that are exactly what I'm looking for but, this is fairly close to what I had in mind. L'il Nip Plans https://www.duckworks.com/product-p/mg-lilnip-id.htm This is the first time I've tried anything like this so, I'd like to stay at 8' on my first attempt to keep it cheap and easy. I'm not expecting perfection, I just want to learn on this one. I'm experienced in fiberglass and wood working so, I have that going for me. I'll post pictures of the progress. Please watch me and make sure I don't get too far off track!

Here's a picture of the paddle boat. It's worked out very well and I don't want to stray too far from this basic design. Again, thank you!

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.