Damage Stability tutorial for MAxsurf

Discussion in 'Stability' started by tramyer, Feb 22, 2015.

1. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I'm pretty sure Maxsurf can. If you make the model, Maxsurf calculates. What I do not know is whether among Maxsurf stability criteria are those that apply to the rigs.
    In Maxsurf you can put the heeling moment you want and the application will calculate the equilibrium heel angle.

2. tramyer

tramyer Someone

Yes there are no criteria that matches or is meant for rigs... thanks tansl you been a big help sir... and on damage sta. Is thwre a way on how to learn it by hand. I have the concept. But still i know there are some this and that when engineers calculates damage sta.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Maxsurf allows you to set your own criteria. Resolution A.749 (18) IMO establishes the criteria for most ship types. See chapter 4.6. You can see the criteria that most interests you and raise it in Maxsurf.
    If you use the deterministic method, it is simply to create a load condition, say "normal" but, with one of these options:
    - The ship has a hole in the flooded compartment that reduces the buoyancy.
    or
    - The boat has a weighs in that compartment whose value and cog match the volume of water introduced.
    With this, the equilibrium waterplane is calculated and then the effect of wind-waves or from passengers passing a band.

4. Dr34m3r

Dr34m3r Senior Member

why not read the books and manual as well ? not sure if you are doing student assignment.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.