IBEX and SNAME

Discussion in 'Education' started by CDBarry, Apr 28, 2019.

1. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

The International BoatBuilders Exhibition will be 1 - 3 October at the Tampa Convention Center.

30 September is "Super Session" day and SNAME is running a day long class on 33 CFR 183 (capacity, stability and flotation regulations for recreational boats under 20 feet). In addition to the physical tests, topics will cover calculation methods as alternatives to the tests, especially modern methods using CAD models. Air incline tests will also be covered.

IBEX and SNAME are also seeking technical papers for a day long symposium the same day. Papers will be peer reviewed, archived by SNAME and may selected for publication in Journal of Ship Design and Production or Journal of Ship Research. See www.sname.org under events.

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Will the symposium and class be simultaneous? I am interested in attending both and will be disappointed if I have to choose one over the other.

I couldn't find anything at www.sname.org under events beyond a generic listing for IBEX from Oct 1 - 3.

3. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

4. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

I’ll be at IBEX working our booth.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.