#1000!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by duluthboats, Feb 16, 2003.

1. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

One more to go and the design forum reaches 1000 members. One of you guests might register and be the lucky one.

Gary :D

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

And MichealB is #1000. Welcome to the forum, now lets go for 2000.

Gary :D

3. yipster

yipster designer

thought it was $$ :D :D

4. yipster

yipster designer

nah.. seriously, its a great forum and it will keep growing, now where's the champagne... :D

5. Polarity

Polarity Senior Member

We only have Cava - which is the same only 5 $ a bottle...

Cheers! - and long may it continue! - thanks to Jeff for organising and all the regulars (and some of the irregulars too...)

Paul

6. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

If we had the budget, I'd send all you guys a bottle of champagne (providing you promised to christen a new boat with it, and post the pictures of course :D)

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

And thanks everybody!

10,000 posts and 2,000 members the next goals shall be :)

8. Mike D

Mike D Senior Member

CAREFUL.

When you get the bottle from Jeff be sure to use a glass-cutter to inscribe plently lines on it. The bottle must break at the first attempt.

I am sure you have have seen films of lady sponsors trying to christen ships but the bottles would not burst, not even when wielded by gentlemen and others trying to assist. So repeated hammering and bashing of your delicate hull might just undo many hours of your handiwork :D

Michael

PS: it is bad form to drink the champagne and refill the bottle with ginger ale. ;)

9. yipster

yipster designer

Michael, i did not get that glascutter remark at first, thought is was to administrate the vaporation :D those bottles are hardglas i now understand and there are actually avi's on the net showing your warning! how come we can cut -normal- glas underwater with a regular scissor like its cardboard, aint that a bit strange? (it is true! even in a bucket with water it works)

:) yipster

and Gary: 23 new members in 5 days means only some :eek: 43 nights to sleep to see 2000 members at this rate! viva Jeff
    Correction: that was to quik a miscalculation, I missed the /5, its: 1000 / ( 23 / 5 ) = 217 days, but probably will accelrate.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.