All is still warm...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

What we have here is a small wood stove - a Forest Hill #18 - and perhaps a CNG oven big enough to fit into this 'shanty' such that I could roast up a good pork butt stuffed with green onions and garlic - some red wine and whiskey - a smelly old dog drying himself off at the base of same - and a wife who otherwise lives in an inner city condo asking when everything will be ready - all goes well - the gravy is not to salty - the dog gets dry - 'the' wife passes out on a berth with a full belly and leaves me a glass of wine half full on the floorboards - I put it on the counter so the dogs' tail does not spill it - I pour myself a bilge cooled whiskey - replay an early Nina Simone CD - and go sit on the porch - I light a cigarette - sip my Jameson - and listen to the distant city sirens...

I make no bones about ripping off Atkins Retreat here and Photoshopping it to a 'Canadian Clubbed death'
    - so don't bother me about it...

I am just now rebuilding the woodstove - and have managed to keep a wife - my wife even...:)

I would like to think that I am not a complete crank - destined to be the grumpy lump on some corner lot grumbling at the school kids to keep off my grass...

Feel free to add to the story - even if you just want to tell me that my head is stuck up a donkeys number two - for all is well tonight...:)

YUP...

SH.

Attached Files:

2. Robjl

Robjl Senior Member

G'day Sean

Laughter is great medicine,
    You are starting to remind me of the "old" bloke who got sick of the kids always swimming in his dam, but checked himself and decided he was at fault. So decided to give back something.... He put in a nice little picnic spot next to dam for all to use and vowed never again to bother the kids. That is until late one afternoon as the sun slipped away when he heard lots of giggling echoing up the hill. Not being upset or wishing to tell anyone off, but curious anyway, he picked up a plastic bucket to get a few apples from the orchard next to the dam.
    He laboured down the hill in his gumboots to the edge og the dam. His tired eyes trying to focus on the three nymphs skinny dipping in his dam.
    "What are you looking at pops"? one called.
    Too delighted to answer he just stood there.
    The girls moved to the deep end of the dam.
    "We're not coming out 'till you leave!" the second yelled.
    He hesitated for only a second.. then lifted the bucket high,
    "I only came down to feed the croc"

The moral, if there is one.. the knees may wear out and the eyes lose focus.. but the brain is as quick as ever...and blokes never change.
    Regards,
    Rob.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.