"CRUDE" oil, an absolute must see program !!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

Water would not work in Australia. We are flat out having enough to drink let alone using it to power cars and boats. We have near endless resource of coal (at least for the next millennia or so), maybe as much natural gas, heaps of sun (hottest continent), worlds largest uranium resources (by a long way) and a long, windy coastline.

Plenty of salt water if that will work but methinks you get chlorine and hydrogen from that so we would create a quickly disappearing environment if we ran cars on that.

Sadly us poor Aussies will just have to watch the rest of the world progress using their abundant fresh water while we continue our CO2 enriched future!

Rick W.

2. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

The above just reminded me that Queenslanders are now drinking their own sewerage (I mean recycled water!!). I guess it is better than drinking someone elses like the poor blighters along the Murray. What goes around comes around!

Could explain the odd behavior from those living in the deep north.

3. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Options expiry activity.... if you are up to your neck in "in the money calls" that you have written and it looks like you have to pay out its cheaper to short the snot out of the contract and drive the price down below the strike before expiry than to pay out. They will cover soonish... Friday was the witching hour. :D Scares the poop outta the stock holders, great day to buy, runs like a train schedule... Futures, its a shark pit.

4. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

I was in Londonium once, as used to at home, I drank the tap water. Commented later in the evening that water tasted very different from home, had an idea of chloride or something....
    Next bloke looked at me;
    • you actually drank the tap water?
    • Yup.
    • Do you know how many times the water goes through the system here, before it ends up in the sea?
    • ehhh, noooo....
    • He gave me a number, which I have surpressed, I suddenly felt not alone, not even within my own body...
    • I switched immedeately to whisky, no ice.
    • Later the same night the same informative bloke asked a very foreign looking (very heavyweight, with friends....) doorman at a bar; "Do you know that you look like an arab terrorist...".....

I'm older, and wiser....

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Hey Rick they been doing that in Tassy for years..........er no but much the same sort of thing......their own! Bit like in Cornwall (funny the names are the same! now what does that tell you?)

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i NEVER drink "city" water,,,,,no matter where,,,,,,ewwwwy! :p

7. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

I wasn't talking aout 'drinking' I was talking about something your rednecks kinda get into! You know keeping it in the family sort of thing!

8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

I AINT NO REDNECK!!!! :D
    imma full blood YANKEE ,,, ;)
    and the rednecks in this part of the badlands,,, are so ugly ,, family wont even let em touch em,,,hehe :p:D

9. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

and jus reread yours,,,,,,,,i think yours and knuts jus blended togather,,,hehe :D

10. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Arabs lifting heavilly Texas hedge in oil, buying dollars and reducung money in commodities to please Bush, this has short life as they are loaded with money and they will come back, so going long now will be good investment

11. Meanz Beanz

We is getting ready for an election :D

12. masalai

masalai masalai

********? who?

13. Meanz Beanz

Oilio...

110 at the worst IMO... 115 the likely bottom and 120 with a good chance of holding. They reclassified a major commercial to a non-commercial which means that there are different limits on positions as a non commercial cannot hedge exposure in unlimited fashion like a commercial can. Basically this amounts to a forced liquidation and is likely in response to political pressure. The selling looks to be orderly so they have allowed the entity (unmentioned by law) some grace to dispose of the assets in a professional fashion, unlike those ******* at a certain bank that dumped the Opes Prime positions like total green horns, the most unprofessional effort I have seen for a long while. Anyway this looks to be adding to the selling pressure short term but will not buy any long term relief.

The Reality

The Spin

If we see these $60,$75 and $80 numbers that we keep hearing we are in deep dodo... why? Because a lot of the oil states have large social obligations in terms of welfare payments and the like. The cost per barrel now ranges across the board from $75 to around $95 per barrel. We are forced to deal with the top of that range given tight supply. If we where to fall into this range some of these oil states simply stop working and given the "social stability" of some this could prove to be a bigger challenge than the naturally tapering supply. Imagine getting oil out of Saudi if it looked like Iraq.... its not as far fetched as you imagine, turn down the welfare payments an you have allot of angry, passionate, Wahabi Muslim youth that are very likely to rock the boat. $60 a barrel is the best and fastest way to turn Saudi into Iraq !

In this case the fasted route to unaffordable oil might be $60 oil, be careful what you wish for...

Cheers
    MBz

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks for the thoughts Heinz - - Giving is inhibited...

Seems solid support for the US$ and gold weakening - - is someone selling gold to support the US$? - - too many interests playing everywhere & I don't know enough (nor am I interested) to get the big picture - too much to get my head around....

The US still seems to keep moving even with all those collapses - someone has influence.....

15. Meanz Beanz

I added more brain farting... :D :p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.