"CRUDE" oil, an absolute must see program !!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Feb 22, 2008.

1. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

no way never ever would I allow an account to be internet connected.

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Natuna Island Gas...east of Singapore

Dear Powerabout,
    What's happening with that BIG gas find they made on Natuna Island off the coast of Singapore? Maybe its time to go after that?

Of course it's a HUGE investment to compress all that excess CO2 and pump it back underground, but it was touted as one huge find when I worked over there in the mid-late 90's. And China has historically claimed all of the Spratly Islands, even though none of them are really close to China's mainland if I remember correctly.

Here's an article on that dispute I spoke of
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/spratly.htm

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Singapore has layed a pipe from it and have a very long term contract (from Indo)to supply Singapore.
    A year or so ago it failed and was off for a while, which caused power shortages etc.
    http://www.premieroil.com/render.aspx?siteID=1&navIDs=19,312,327,502,522
    As you may well know getting oil from gthe third world is very easy as there are always crooks that will sell it to you even when the host nation is short

4. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Question is what are they doing with the excess CO2. It was claimed that the gas from this area was 75% CO2. It would literally create nuclear winter if all released to the atmosphere. Are they doing it 'undercover' in the third world?

Maybe its being 'overlooked' as they are not trying to fully develop it bigtime?

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If I gave you my password and all the other passwords and letters there of that you will need to open the account ,the worst you can do is send me money to another of MY accounts. No funds can be sent to anywhere but the nominated accounts that are in my name.

I myself can not send funds to a third person.

I was in Singapore last week . I opened an account at Stanadrd Chartered in Raffles Sq. They needed proof of the source of the funds , fair enough, "I will send you a print out on my e account and post it" I said.

Oh no we dont accept post or e mail or fax. "So how do I get it to you I asked". Can you pop in with it

Wait a minute this foriegn currency account is for non Singaporeans living in other countries only,---- and you want me to pop in with it????

I was not able to get over that problem.

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

So gold is what 967Dollar --lets ay 1000--that is for 1 oz is'nt it?

That would be 16000 dollars a pound.

So to get rid of say100,000 dollars would be 6,1/4 pound, you could make a toilet seat I suppose.

Or a banister post amongst the wooden ones and paint it white. Mind you 6,1/4 pound isnt much in volume,-- say the size of a cricket ball??

I suppose this should be on the drivel.

7. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Alternatively to save you worrying send it to the 'Walrus and he will spend it foolishly for you! That may not be a good idea for you But by heck I like it, tell you what send enough of it and I'll get all the boys together (Mas. Fanie, Manie, 'liner, jim, heinz, the snowball, trev,to name a few - we'll have a great big pissup and send you photos - seems reasonable to me! Consider it an exercise in international understanding!! go on you know you want to!

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Frosty, Your Maths are atrocious and way out.....AND this is not "Drivel"?????? .......Gold is in Troy ounces, not "Imperial" or "Septic" , http://www.kitco.com/market/bp_charts.html will give you "live" in troy oz in the major currencies - I have preset it for Pounds Sterling MONEY (not weight), and per Kilogram is also there currently abour 15345 pounds per Kilogram...

http://tradingroom.com.au/apps/mkt/forex.ac is an Australian site that will give you currency exchange rates for most countries (top right of page - enter the amount, select country from and country too.... this is the "wholesale" or interbank rate, retail has margins etc built in, but it will give you an idea.....

9. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i aint got nuff fingers fer all that counting stuff ,,,
    and im on my way Saferz ,,,save 4 fer me,,hehe
    oh ya,,this is "oil" thread,,,,,guess what ive been doing for 3 freakin days,,,,*#@##*% oil.

10. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

I hate when work happens,,

11. safewalrus

one for the quoteation page I guess -

"work is the curse of the drinking classess"

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

in 1999 we got 24% of our oil from "abroad" in 2003 33%,,today 70% ,,,hehe,,, is like using your credit card for "everyday" things,,,,,then wonder why you get poorer,,, and that $1.99 toilet paper is gonna take ya 10 years to pay off,,,hehe ;)

13. safewalrus

Best recycle it a few times then!

14. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

thanks goodness fer magazines hehe :D:p;)

15. safewalrus

Yeah, newspapers ain't much good tho' the print comes of on yer bum!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.