"CRUDE" oil, an absolute must see program !!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

The commodity cycle is the war cycle.... and oil is THE commodity, they will fight over this, sooner or later. About a decade at the outside, sooner if they feck it all up enough.

2. Meanz Beanz

Soon all things Gold will go up... about mid to late August at the latest.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

NYMEX is still sleeping so no live commodities but the US$ is down, buying AU$1.0216, 0.6283 euro, 0.4988 pounds Sterling, 0.0096 Yen (US paper money is behaving like lead in water - sinking fast.....

I see the shrub is still full of BS and lies http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/16/2304733.htm?section=justin "sound as a bell" = noisy and empty and if likened to the "Liberty Bell" BROKEN - so in that perspective - - quite truthful????

4. masalai

masalai masalai

5. Meanz Beanz

Ironically if the banking system was sound it could withstand bank failure. The very fact that they are rescuing things mean they fear contagion which in turn means its an unsound situation. Business failure is capitalism's cleansing mechanism, to stop it is a kin to putting a cork where the sun don't shine... same effect...same eventual result.

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

im investing in chickens,,,my friend is investing in toilet paper, and we're gonna both buy some horses,,,,,,i got the eats,,he gots the wipes,,,and we're gonna rent out our transportation between the 2,,,,hehe ;)
    we'll be rich,,,hehe :D

7. masalai

masalai masalai

It is all lies? Now the US$ buys AU$1.0203 (falling US$) gold on Kitco at 19:43 NY time is US$975.20/oz or AU$998.31/oz, will there be a small downward correction in gold? and to what? - - - any guesses? (inside a 7 day window)

8. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

This would be true if there were savings but the USA runs on debt. I cannot imagine anyone who holds a credit card debt or mortgage running to a bank to pay up because they know the bank is in strife. The investors that need to be concerned live in other countries. I think mostly China these days. How much of your super is invested in US businesses?

Also there are a lot of items I covet available in the US that become extremely well priced when AUD and USD are on a par. Good time to go shopping on Ebay.com and help out.

Rick W.

9. Meanz Beanz

Support 960ish then 950, resistance 990ish, not predictions just lines in the sand. Trend-line and support gives high 950's as a likely retracement level if we do retrace here.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Here we go - looking for an excuse to make a pre-emptive strike - - - - - - - ???
    The Pentagon says Iran has the ability to launch a ballistic missile capable of hitting sections of eastern and southern Europe.
    Missile Defence Agency director Air Force Lieutenant General Trey Obering says he believes Iran now has a missile with a range of 2,000 kilometres, but he declined to say whether the weapon has been fest-fired. - - - more here!
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/16/2304936.htm?section=justin

11. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

US runs on debt....big time.
    Just how long can it go on spending cash it is printing to pay for the oil.
    Luckily China, Japan and a few others buy billions of USD every day..
    but what happanes when they finally decide its a bad risk.
    That will be the mother of all fire sales

12. Meanz Beanz

So what, your saying its not true? You lost me.

The debt will be sold on as an asset, the credit (in excess of FDIC) will be wiped out as a liability. Not sure what your driving at there?

Very little of my super is in the US and where it is via ASX listed companies in the US commodities market. Then again none is in China... the Chinese banking system has problems that rival the US's.

Yes...local importers have not been fully passing on the AUD buying power... pays to shop OS. I get the feeling that pressure on the local retail scene will mean deeper discounts will be passed on, things look to be tightening markedly in retail.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

You won't need matches, starting soon in a town near you.... a free show that is guaranteed to piss you off and disappoint..... A bit like Melbourne (Australia) weather - 6 seasons in a day, - - with a twist - - 60 emotions per minute from start to finish....

I think Jim may have something with the horse horsepower thing "YEEEE HAAAAR", closely followed by "Cock a Doodle Do" - "cluck, cluck, cluck...." - - - Grow your own...

Mad, who is mad? - - bloody frustrated and pissed off - - that is all :D:D:D:D

14. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

massy,, iran tested missles last week

15. Meanz Beanz

Its a debt based currency system its all debt from the dollar up, every every USD is borrowed into existance... :rolleyes:

It was a confidence model, while people had confidence in the US markets it could be made to work very well. The chart of the USD shows us what happens as foreigners lose confidence and slow down US debt purchases... stopping is a USD disaster... selling is USD Armageddon.

Its been the biggest vendor financing scheme ever!

but still preventing the bank system from cleansing will make a worse outcome in the end.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.