"CRUDE" oil, an absolute must see program !!!

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

that was a low blow
    so to speak
    Meanz

best B

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Boston, - Not that evil water called budstupid or something Ill stick to tea fortified with pure alcohol, a bit of sugar, a pinch of salt and a couple of blocks of ice.... No hangover... instant inebriation...

We are (well I am) still talking fuel (well refined alcohol) so still on topic

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Heinz, are you sulking? or are you not allowed to come and play?

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

thats funny M

my old Fin girlfriend could teach us both a little about drinkin
    trust me
    that girl fell down a lot
    but kept on ticking

5. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Hustle.... :D I like :p

6. masalai

masalai masalai

So what is your current take on Oils, Solly? - - - since you refuse to calm or excite my nerves on issues gold and other money....

7. Meanz Beanz

Golds heading off toward the low $1,000 soonish IMO and oil is near its bottom in this range. Even Shell is buying and storing oil at these prices, thats gotta tell you something.

Anyway, prediction is not healthy & its a good way to lose money... we merely react appropriately given price action. Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I say this is the lull before the storm
    when this collapse ends
    its going to end big times
    and those prices are going back through the roof

Ive always wanted to draw up a solar powered car that had a small generator assist kinda like a hybrid
    seets two motorcycle style but reclined and three wheels
    two in front one in back
    solar cells in folding wings that retract when your driving
    and a computer that remembers when you drive and how far and turns on the generator to charge the batteries accordingly
    that way
    you get the most out of the sun
    rather than just charge the bateries when you are done driving
    this thing would charge em before you are going to drive next
    that way you get the best out of the solar cells

dam that was off subject
    sorry

my crazy ideas
    B

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Good theory-- good theory --only who will have the money to buy through the roof stuff? You yourself are predicting the end to be a long way off yet and many more companies to go under. Mas is even more pessamistic.

The times of washing machines, LED tv's and blenders and 3 cars as a absolute necessity are over ,--it was a bubble along with the stock market. We are,-- and need to go back to cold grey Russia type life to understand the meaning of true credit and borrowing that you actually have to pay back.

This credit abuse started with the credit card.

Gold is old fashioned,--oil will go up,-- that is 100% --only who can buy it? as most have lost thier shirts. If Russia get scared they will not borrow ,--they will sell thier gold.

Oil wont go to 150,-- I would guess 60 70. OPEC have said they would be happy with that and they will cut back until it does. But if they cut back they have less to sell,--however they do appear have us by the short and curlies dont they?

Shell may be buying oil but they can,( sensibly)-- and they can accept the future contracts. The shirtless speculators cant buy any more because they don't have money and thats why the oil prices are staying stable even though it is being sold and as long as the futures market doe's not dry up. Just as the Saudi oil minister said this time last year " Its all due to speculators".

10. Meanz Beanz

I will hold you to that Frostical.... :p

Also you need to do a little research... try starting with Glencore.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

Is that where Ned Kelley met his match and the police captured the poor victim? - - is this thread crude or crud (I think I have achieved both ):D:D:D

12. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

T Boon Picken's viewpoint

We've got less than three weeks until a new Congress is seated and our new President is sworn in. But before we muster the troops and charge up Capitol Hill, I want to share an experience of mine that not only changed how I do business but how I look at life.

Forty years ago, the small company I founded was looking at a big deal. In fact it was our biggest deal ever. That's when a friend of mine, Dow Hamm, gave me a piece of advice I've never forgotten: "Boone, you'll spend just as much time on a big deal as on a little deal." And, he pointed out, you'll find plenty of lagniappe in a big deal.

What's lagniappe? I'll tell you what it is. When we get America to end its addiction to foreign oil, new jobs will be created in new industries we can't even begin to imagine. When we stop sending $700 billion a year to foreign countries and start spending that money on energy produced here in the United States, start-ups that none of us have ever heard of will get the seed capital they need to get off the ground and become industry giants. When we go all out and develop wind and solar and other renewable energies, the breakthroughs that American companies will pioneer are going to have other countries sending us billions of dollars for our technology, for our equipment, and for our know-how.

Over the last 50 years, I've done more than my share of big deals. But this one here with you, the Pickens Plan, is by far the biggest. And it's going to pay off bigger than any of us can ever imagine.

That's what lagniappe is. Now let's go get plenty of it in 2009.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

3--2--1-- err happy new year, what you can make of it.

I guess all the kiwis are done and in ,--Mas will be done by now and I will be done and in,-- in 1 hour 17minutes.

I dont give a rats arse actually, its not like I can ignore it, Oh well the free firework show will be on it a minute or two, hope I dont have to wait up im stuffed and Knackered ---yawn.

14. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Actually he is not seeking subsidies to build the windmill parks, but rather government permission to give the right of ways for transmission infrastructure to get the power distributed. This goes along with the consensus that the USA needs an entire upgrade to its power distribution infrastructure regardless.

He makes a pretty good case for the particular 'wind corridor' of the USA that he is focusing on. He is not simply saying that all windmill power is feasible, nor economically sensible. I would venture to bet that this 'oil & business man' has studied the economies of this situation quite extensively....and wouldn't be throwing in millions of his own money on foolishness.

I think his 'interium' natural gas plan has merit as well. We (USA) have a lot of this product, and to utilize it in the interium next 10 year period during development of more advanced technologies makes sense to me. He suggest in particular that this gas product be utilized for our 'heavy hauling' transportation needs. There appears to be no real difficult barriers to overcome to convert a lot of our existing engines to natural gas use. So its not as if we need to manufacture a whole new generation of mechanical engines to utilize this gas product almost immediately.

I believe the whole world should be backing such a bold initiative by the USA, since we are gobbling up so much of the world's oil supply to fuel our transportation. Shame that we should be so wasteful of a resource that is diminishing in quantity, and is required for so many other industries than just burning it up in autos. The world should benefit by so bold a move on our part.

15. Meanz Beanz

The price of oil will overcome all resistance to developing alternates in relatively short order. We still have lots of people thinking that $150 was a speculator driven fluke. The great irony of that situation was that there turned out to be a massive speculative short position that went horribly wrong that did contribute to the final blow off to $150, they where forced to cover. Now, ironically, the rumor mill has it that we have a massive forced liquidation on the long side giving us these low prices. Its real frying pan to the fire stuff...

Either way, as I have argued before, these trading postions cannot produce a sustained break from the fundamental reality of supply and demand. The funds that try to, or get sucked into anything of the sort will pay with their lives or be significantly damaged.

Keep an eye out for Glencore, they have a good chance of becoming headline news.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.