Crowther IMPALLA.... 38 footer epoxy-plywood...

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Skip JayR, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Skip JayR

Skip JayR Tri Enthusiast

I warm up an old thread (which was in 2010 here on the forum)... as I fell shortly over Chamberlin CirroStratus on my own... a miracle of "roomy Tri" for that tiny size...

.... and the Crowther IMPALA. With nearby 12 meters length and a displacement of ~3.5 tons.
    [​IMG]

Hardly there are no informations about this boat to find on the web. It seems some few had been built in the 70th. - Right ? So probably most infos before the times of the Internet.

Does anybody here has some more details about the original specifications ? E.g. Sail plan, Floor plan... would be great to see some snaps/scans. Corley noticed in 2012, that all plans are in the Crowther archive and not for sales. (Rec.: I dont plan to build an own Trimaran. Not my thing. I am more curiously about the design itself, and the seaworthyness/performance of this boat.)

Did Crowther sell the plans for self builders, too ? - How many had been built in numbers ?

There is a little video about the Crowther Tri Shaponda (it seems this boat was for sales couple of years ago). The clip gives a little idea about the interior design. Very neat cosy boat. There was a discussion in 2010 about this boat in the forum of BoatDesign.net.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4eqmN59kw

And I understand it right ? There was built a bigger (stretched) version. Here in the BoatDesign Forum some had talked about a Crowther 42... this one. What a beauty.... classical elegant lines.
    [​IMG]

Is this 42 footer from 1987 a single built boat ? Regularly a Crowther 42 is a Catamaran as seen on Sailboatdata.

Tks in advance for more details.

P.S.: There is a Skipper Dave Mitchell in Australia who owns (or owned) one, doing sail charter. So it seems a very roomy boat.

2. Skip JayR

Skip JayR Tri Enthusiast

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.