Novi Lobster Boat plans needed.Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Watson, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Watson

Watson New Member

Hi.My names Watson.Im new to the board here.
    Im wondering if anyone has or knows where I might find an old set of Nova Scotia Lobster boat plans from the 1950's or 1960's (before they got super wide beams).The hull on the boat below is the type im looking for.It was a 1950's Novi,with a pleasure cabin conversion.Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

There is a designer with the handle of "Tad" on here who knows a lot about these boats. I am sure he could help.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Howard Chapelle published a couple. They should be free.

4. Watson

Watson New Member

Is Howard a member here?I didnt see his name in the member search list.I did contact Tad though.Thanks guys!Any help is appreciated

5. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

I am affraid mr. Chapelle can only be contacted via a good spiritualist medium, and even so the good outcome is not guaranteed at all...

Fortunately, he has left few books behind (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_ath...books&ie=UTF8&field-author=Howard I. Chapelle), which are a good reading for anyone interested in the history of boat design.
    Some of his planes can also be ordered from the National Museum of American History: http://americanhistory.si.edu/csr/shipplan.htm . You could give it a try.

Apart that, you could also check a handsome Pot Luck lobster boat at Glen-L's Boatdesigns.com site : https://www.boatdesigns.com/33-Pot-Luck-lobster-boat/products/542/

Cheers

6. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Attached Files:

7. CatBuilder

8. Watson

Watson New Member

Actually that photo was taken on Marthas Vinyard in 1974;)

BTW:I really want to thank everyone for the replies!

9. CatBuilder

Whoops... I should have mentioned I was talking about Michael's picture from Maine:

[​IMG]

I definitely see the vineyard in the original picture on the top of the thread.

10. Watson

Watson New Member

Ah.Ok.Gotcha!I should have noticed that...lol

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.