Shape Up Or Ship Out !!

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Willallison, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I have lamented a number of times at the loss of one or other of our more prominent and knowledgeable contributors. I must sadly now report on the departure of PAR - one the most prolific and well-respected members of this forum. His loss will be felt by us all....

No... he's not dead!

...Just REALLY PISSED OFF at the lack of decorum that is becoming increasingly common.

We don't always agree with each other - nor should we. But let's all have the decency to 'speak' nicely to one another. When you post in a condescending manner, you demean nobody more than yourself. If I've been guilty of it in the past, let me publicly apologise and commit to trying not to do so in the future.

Play nice. Or piss off!

2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

I guess he'll be shifting over to Sailing Anarchy - they're a lovely, polite bunch over there at SA - and will really welcome him to their kum ba yah midst.

3. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

I always liked PAR's calm posts.
    I lurk more than post. I'll miss him.

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Calm ?

we must be looking in different dictionaries

that is not to say I did not always appreciate his posts
    I most definitely did

he had an obnoxious side I kinda appreciated, the kinda thing that comes from years of experience and now someone says something completely stupid and you just cant hold your tong

Im sure he tortured his share of jobs as well as the next guy but the jerk that threatened to sue him was I think the last straw
    guy had his head firmly planted in his *** and for some reason thought he would take it out on Par is the way I saw it
    if I remember Par had nothing to do with that boats design and some clown thinks he is going to sue over it
    please

hell I just had a guy try to sucker me into laundering a check for him.
    your going to meet all kinds when you run a biz
    get used to it

some of it's really stupid **** too
    but the kind of thing you deal with as a business man regularly

I think Par might be back
    dont hold your breath but I think he might just be back
    he loves this biz and eventually he's going to remember that

besides he's bound to be bored without all our stupid questions to laugh at

cheers
    B

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.