Problem: Lightship displacement using movement of weights

Discussion in 'Software' started by chango, Feb 13, 2006.

1. chango

chango New Member

Hi,
    I`m a student and I need some software or some tool of Hydromax for calculation of weight, LCG, VCG and TCG of lightship using a values of inclination experiment, like medium draft at amidships and values of the movement of weights.
    I`m really complicated
    Thanks.
    Felipe Angulo A.
    Valdivia , Chile.

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Look at the student version of maxsurf perhaps?

Alternatively get hold of rhino which will give you the basic hydrostatics and rhinomarine will give you the rest. I think you get to use rhinomarine free for a month.

Hope this helps

3. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

Felipe

If you have a Maxsurf model of the hull, use the specified condition analysis in Hydromax to specify the forward and aft drafts, or amidships draft and trim. From this you can determine the displacement, LCB and KMt at the inclined condition. The LCB position will give you the required LCG for that trim and displacement.

The transverse shift in the CG and the measured heel angle allow you to estimate the GMt value. Subtracting GMt from your KMt value will give you your KG (i.e. VCG) value.

For more explanation of this have a look at http://www.usna.edu/NAOE/courses/en200/ch03.pdf starting on page 29

regards

Andrew

4. chango

chango New Member

Thanks for your answer. I´ve read this document. Finally I have to solve this problem using a excel.
    And I´m sorry for my english....
    Thanks
    Felipe Angulo A.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.